Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Personal defense/preservation - what would you do?

This kind of video is pretty upsetting. It's hard to imagine people with so few scruples that they can do these things to someone's property. I would feel very threatened for my life if this happened, but what I could do about it would seem limited. Keep in mind, this is in a bad neighborhood in Oakland, CA, so you can make a few basic assumptions.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/oakland256.html

pulling out a gun when there's a crowd of people around your car who probably at least 25% have guns themselves, randomly taking shots at people who are messing up your car is not smart or legal. i would, however, use a gun if someone was trying to get in my car to drag me out. I remember a video of a girl that got the life beat out of her in a video by a crowd of angry people. They dragged her from her car. i'd much rather maybe get shot and maybe get away then definitely get beat up to the point of being brain damaged or dead.

I think this type of situation presents a difficult but interesting tactical problem. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Personal defense/preservation - what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by righteousbarbarian View Post
    This kind of video is pretty upsetting. It's hard to imagine people with so few scruples that they can do these things to someone's property. I would feel very threatened for my life if this happened, but what I could do about it would seem limited. Keep in mind, this is in a bad neighborhood in Oakland, CA, so you can make a few basic assumptions.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/oakland256.html

pulling out a gun when there's a crowd of people around your car who probably at least 25% have guns themselves, randomly taking shots at people who are messing up your car is not smart or legal. i would, however, use a gun if someone was trying to get in my car to drag me out. I remember a video of a girl that got the life beat out of her in a video by a crowd of angry people. They dragged her from her car. i'd much rather maybe get shot and maybe get away then definitely get beat up to the point of being brain damaged or dead.

I think this type of situation presents a difficult but interesting tactical problem. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
    Sorry if I am in the car and a mob of peeps run up and open my door, the response will be some bitches getting shot. I know there will be plenty of responses saying that is wrong but I am not gonna take the chance that they get me outta the car and there are like 15 of them and 1 of me. When the first one gets shot I bet the rest scatter like the roaches they are. In the end the gene pool will get a little shot of chlorine it so desperately needs.

(Centre County)

I honestly think if you do that you'll get shot yourself. This is in Oakland, after all.

(Allegheny County)

Keep your car doors locked. I lock mine as soon as I enter my vehicle.

(Chester County)

What happened, Raiders win a game?

Actually, this happened to me in Cocoa Florida. Fortunately a lot fewer cars around so I kept my gun holstered and my foot on the gas. A few people got hurt thinking I'd stop if they got in front of me but my only thought was that it was only a matter of seconds before I was looking at the business end of Mr. Saturday night special, so I chose flight over fight. Call me callous, but I didn't go back to see if they needed an ambulance.

(Allegheny County)

that is awful. It is a disgrace that people will act this way.

I grew up a housing project on the north side. Nothing in pgh can compare to the conditions in the ghettos of kommiefornia, but that is what the video reminded me of. Mob rule. Never underestimate the herd instinct and the stupidity of groups.

I have seen this type of stuff growing up, and anytime someone screamed "he has a gun!" everyone would run. I cannot speak to the mindset of today, or the tactical implications of firing a round off into the sky, but that has been my experiance.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By the way, how could they have guns in those videos? I thought they where in california? That should be the safest place on earth.

(Washington County)

We can thank Sharpton and Jackson for the racial hate they propagate. There is the results of it. And they get a free ticket to do it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by kimbercdp View Post
    We can thank Sharpton and Jackson for the racial hate they propagate. There is the results of it. And they get a free ticket to do it.
    Whatever, man. I'm not gonna defend Sharpton. But Jesse Jackson does not "propagate racial hatred", not even close. And he has nothing to do with what these scumfucks did, nor would he give them a pass for it. Apparently there are still plenty of people in this country who think sticking up for Black civil rights means you're "anti-white".
    Last edited by Eugene V. Debs; December 8th, 2007 at 04:16 PM.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    Sorry if I am in the car and a mob of peeps run up and open my door, the response will be some bitches getting shot. I know there will be plenty of responses saying that is wrong but I am not gonna take the chance that they get me outta the car and there are like 15 of them and 1 of me. When the first one gets shot I bet the rest scatter like the roaches they are. In the end the gene pool will get a little shot of chlorine it so desperately needs.
    Why would you get "plenty of responses saying that is wrong"? I doubt many people here would have a moral problem with an armed response to a mob of people attacking you.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Westmoreland County)

From a tactical viewpoint it is foolhardy to venture into a bad neighborhood. Don't go there, don't have the problem.

Don't go to stupid places.
    Don't associate with stupid people.
    Don't do stupid things.

If someone finds themselves in this situation, even if unwittingly done, they broke all the rules. It goes back to situational awareness. Situational awareness is not for just walking down the street. It is also used when driving a car. If the neighborhood looks bad, get out of there. If it feels bad it is bad. If it means backtracking, do it. If it means being late, do it anyway. The time wasted is nothing compared with lying in a hospital bed or sitting around in a courtroom. Saving your own life, or avoiding having it irreversibly changed for you is never a waste of time.

BTW, lock the doors. Close the sunroof. Put the windows up.
    Never underestimate the value of early training.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast