Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Just got my license...

wtf is this? a long piece that I'm supposed to rip apart I guess? how do I attach it to the animal? I don't see any eyelet, what happens if I use them as they are all going to be lost once I start separating them.

thanks for another GENIUS move
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

Default Re: Just got my license...

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

I assume you haven't gotten your license yet?

Also, very nice that they are now outsourcing the delivery of licenses to Nashville TN, so much for employing PA people I guess.

Also, anyone notice the 4 full page Crossbow ads this year... nice
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northumberland County)

i am going for my license on july 13th and i am gonna see if i can get my doe tags at the county treasurer, hope i dont have to send out for them...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I assume you haven't gotten your license yet?

Also, very nice that they are now outsourcing the delivery of licenses to Nashville TN, so much for employing PA people I guess.

Also, anyone notice the 4 full page Crossbow ads this year... nice

LMAO!

I had no idea what you were getting on about...

I was scanning through "New Posts" and saw your OP, never realizing it was in the "Hunting" category.

Which, as it happens, explains a lot.

Carry on.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    i am going for my license on july 13th and i am gonna see if i can get my doe tags at the county treasurer, hope i dont have to send out for them...
    You do, you have to mail them in

(Allegheny County)

Point Of Sales system is "better" for you - NOT

It cost extra over the old outdated hard copy "paper" system

Your personal info is now in a computer database (out side of PA) just waiting to hacked into or use as another possible form of gun owner registration database to be abused at some future point. "Don't worry its safe"

Just wait till they can use all that personal info to mail you extra junk mail (for extra cash) and now be able to track your mail in hunting reports better or use it against you .......

Keep saying to yourself, It will be for your own good....so don't complain.

Don't worry, IF your personal information ever get abused, misused no one will be held accountable except you.. got to love that double standard.

Its this POS a great convenience doing business with big hunting brother.

I still like the old hunting rules book that fit in your hunting license that was easy to understand the rules, without all the color ads, seaching and trying to figure out what the rule of the day is between all the sales pitches.

I have been watching how much slower the hunting license sales line is moving compared years past, change always takes extra time I guess

- -rant off - -
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; July 3rd, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is why I haven't gotten mine, yet.

Still trying to decide if it is worth the risk.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is why I haven't gotten mine, yet.

Still trying to decide if it is worth the risk.
    Unfourtantely its either you deal with their shit or you can't hunt... not much of a choice

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    wtf is this? a long piece that I'm supposed to rip apart I guess? how do I attach it to the animal? I don't see any eyelet, what happens if I use them as they are all going to be lost once I start separating them.

thanks for another GENIUS move
    Look a little closer, Dredly. There's a perforation on each side of the tag. I usually carry zip ties in my license holder with my license. Just poke it through the perforation, poke a hole in the ear w/ a knife, and you're done. It's really not that bad. The benefit is that you no longer have to have to try to write your name, etc. on a wet ear tag which never worked well anyway. I believe it only requires the time (but I'll have to check on that.)

I haven't tried to see if I can get them all folded up into a fishing license holder. Funny thing is, I didn't see anywhere on the license (front or back) where it says you have to display it on your back. I didn't see it anywhere in the General Regs section of the booklet either. I'm wondering if PA is going the way of some other states and just requiring you to possess it but not display it.

I understand disliking the adds in the booklet. However, I look at it this way, if it allows the PAGC to be an agency that is completely self sufficient and not in any way dependant on my tax dollars, I'd pay double the license fee and page through 4X as many adds. The fact that PAGC does not rely on funding through the General Fund means that it does what it honestly believes is best for both hunters and the resources it manages. We hunters don't have to worry as much about PAGC being jerked around in its management because its purse strings are attached to politically stupid ideas.

IMHO, the money I spend on my license each year is the best money that I spend ALL YEAR and has the greatest return. I use the license all year long. I realize that if you only hunt a couple of days for antlered deer you may feel differently. The opportunity to hunt is there, you may just not take advantage of the opportunity.

If I break down the total price of my hunting license based on the number of days that hunt through out the year it would probably end up at around $1.25 to $1.50/day if not less. I'm sorry, that right there is a bargain. I'll spend that on a bag of chips or a cup of coffee w/ lunch.

Honestly guys, I understand not agreeing with every decision that they PAGC makes (antler restrictions, etc.) but, for the total number of hours that we can spend afield on the thousands and thousands of acres of property that is owned primarily for our hunting pleasure, I think that PAGC does one HELL of a GOOD JOB. And I honestly don't understand what all the complaining is about.

Feel free to disagree (but you're WRONG!)
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast