Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: my ppk

Default my ppk

my ppk has problems chambering the next round usually after a few rounds through it... i use american eagle ammo... it will fire a few rounds then the slide will only half close bought this for the little lady fits her hands the best .... any info will help thanx

Default Re: my ppk

help please

(Wayne County)

Is it a new or older model ? The new models have a recall.

I was going to Say, The Newer S&W Pistols have a Recall on them, Something to do with the Gun possibly firing while putting the gun on safe. I don't own one, But know someone who does. I owned one briefly and mine was a POS.

To your Problem, (1) If you're shooting Hollow Points, PPk's were really designed more for Hardball FMJ, (2) They are also better with Grease, Not Gun oil on the rails. (3) It could be Limpwristing which is more an issue with a Polymer Framer gun rather than an All steel Frame, But still a possibility. (4) and then it could just come down to a Basic Ammo Brand issue, Try a few different Brands and see if that helps.

Good Luck, Others will hopefully chime in with some better ideas.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Berks County)

ok few quick things to check...

clean the magazines of any lubricants the insides should be dry and lubricant free, this includes the springs and followers

go to something a bit stronger than american eagle. try something hotter like either winchester silvertips, cor bon or federal hollowpoints.

do a detailed cleaning of the pistol, focus on the slide area in the firing pin area and the extractor to make sure all lubricants are out of those areas. also clean the chamber area and check the feed ramp area for any rough spots.

if that doesnt work and the pistol is new have it sent back for warranty repair.
    gotta love her ;)