Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: GOA Alert: Contact PA House Leadership to Move Pro-Gun Bill

DOne

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Done, but I didn't get a confirmation from the form saying "it's been sent" like usual. Making me wonder if it definitely went through.
    It will only go through if you live in that district.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Waste of time and money until Wolf is replaced with a pro-gun governor or there is a pro-gun super-majority in the General Assembly.

Just telling it how it is...

Trying to push any pro-gun bills right now is just virtue signalling.
    The reason is that we get a recorded vote and figure out who our true friends are. We then use that information to assign legislator grades and elect pro-gun candidates. It's always good to promote pro-gun bills.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Centre County)

Here is what my Rep, Kerry Benninghoff sent me when I sent him an email (I send him emails and talk to his staff regularly):

Ron,
    You know from our talks I am supportive and a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

According to our system, Rep. Bernstine*s bill has not been introduced yet. The other two bills (HB 979 and HB 357) are in the House Judiciary Committee. While there, I do not have a vote on the bills as I am not a member of the committee. The Chairman is in charge of the committee and conducts which bills will come up for a vote.

You could also contact the members of the committee as personal contacts make them aware that there is public interest in certain bills. Click the individual names in the link provided to be taken to their contact information: https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&SessYear=2021.

I believe you would also like to know I have been told any anti-2nd Amendment legislation will not be considered by the chair of the House Judiciary Committee.

As leader, I will support 2nd Amendment bills when they come before the full House for a vote.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

^ Thanks for sharing that!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Here is what my Rep, Kerry Benninghoff sent me when I sent him an email (I send him emails and talk to his staff regularly):

Ron,
    You know from our talks I am supportive and a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

According to our system, Rep. Bernstine*s bill has not been introduced yet. The other two bills (HB 979 and HB 357) are in the House Judiciary Committee. While there, I do not have a vote on the bills as I am not a member of the committee. The Chairman is in charge of the committee and conducts which bills will come up for a vote.

You could also contact the members of the committee as personal contacts make them aware that there is public interest in certain bills. Click the individual names in the link provided to be taken to their contact information: https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&SessYear=2021.

I believe you would also like to know I have been told any anti-2nd Amendment legislation will not be considered by the chair of the House Judiciary Committee.

As leader, I will support 2nd Amendment bills when they come before the full House for a vote.
    Thanks for sharing this. The majority leader drives what he wants to come to the floor and when. Several legislators, including one of our bill sponsors, said Rob Kauffman is ready but is waiting for the green light from leadership.

Constitutional Carry will likely be introduced the week of June 7th.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12