Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Public Statement Clarifying Our Position on Behalf of the Officers/BOD of FOAC

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    But that goes back to the property rights issue which I haven't seen anyone here argue against. Everyone agrees they can make the decision to sell what they please on their property. It's the way in which is was done in a sinister and underhanded way with the AG. If they were worried, then why are they permitting them to be sold again?
    Pro gun zealots calling for their heads and threatening to cancel their business is my guess.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(York County)

Default Re: Public Statement Clarifying Our Position on Behalf of the Officers/BOD of FOAC

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Did Patton immediately turn his guns away from the Germans and shoot at Montgomery?
    No, he did not.
    I understand the concept of NOT DESTROYING YOUR OWN - and no 2A organization should be THROWN UNDER THE BUS - UNNECESSARILY...

But we have gotten to our current state by WRONG THINKING... The thinking that anti-gun assailants can be turned away with compromising words or that acquiescing to extorted agreements will satiate their appetite for attack is simply feeding the man-eating Tiger. Total dominance is the goal of the anti-America crowd on every issue. Thinking that they THINK as freedom-loving people is wrong headed.

In this instance, a wrong decision was made. The backlash is against the wrong decision. So long as organizations CLING TO THE WRONG DECISION or claim there are valid reasons it was right to make the wrong decision, those organizations deserve all the backlash about the decision to flow onto their organizations that support that decision.

The right response would be to admit it was a WRONG DECISION - not because there was a backlash (that's just cancel culture) - but because they now thought the decision through more thoroughly and truly believe there are underlying reasons that IT IS A BAD DECISION. Back up and now make the right decision.

THAT is the way for organizations to avoid being THROWN UNDER THE BUS along with the bad decision to which they cling.

Humbleness in admitting a mistake can make a huge difference in the need to humiliate them for unrepentant wrong decisions.

Every Pro 2nd Amendment organization should be supported, if they are truly Pro-Constitution (the whole thing). But the entire nation has a right to question decisions that put our Rights in greater jeopardy. No One is above that scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Pattern found a way to keep going by draining fuel from 1/2 his tanks and using it for the other half.

How many times would you let a friend piss on your shoes?
    "Not getting your way" is not the same as someone pissing on your shoes. You have no right at all to demand that a for-profit business sell a particular product to you, especially if you still go to Walmart and Giant and Home Depot and Pep Boys despite none of them ever selling 80% receivers.

This isn't punishing wrong-doing, it's stamping your feet and throwing a fit in the toy aisle because your mom won't buy you a GameBoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    I understand the concept of NOT DESTROYING YOUR OWN - and no 2A organization should be THROWN UNDER THE BUS - UNNECESSARILY...

But we have gotten to our current state by WRONG THINKING... The thinking that anti-gun assailants can be turned away with compromising words or that acquiescing to extorted agreements will satiate their appetite for attack is simply feeding the man-eating Tiger. Total dominance is the goal of the anti-America crowd on every issue. Thinking that they THINK as freedom-loving people is wrong headed.

In this instance, a wrong decision was made. The backlash is against the wrong decision. So long as organizations CLING TO THE WRONG DECISION or claim there are valid reasons it was right to make the wrong decision, those organizations deserve all the backlash about the decision to flow onto their organizations that support that decision.

The right response would be to admit it was a WRONG DECISION - not because there was a backlash (that's just cancel culture) - but because they now thought the decision through more thoroughly and truly believe there are underlying reasons that IT IS A BAD DECISION. Back up and now make the right decision.

THAT is the way for organizations to avoid being THROWN UNDER THE BUS along with the bad decision to which they cling.

Humbleness in admitting a mistake can make a huge difference in the need to humiliate them for unrepentant wrong decisions.

Every Pro 2nd Amendment organization should be supported, if they are truly Pro-Constitution (the whole thing). But the entire nation has a right to question decisions that put our Rights in greater jeopardy. No One is above that scrutiny.

We've gotten to this state because the other side outnumbers us, massively. They have billionaires and the media and the courts and almost all of Congress, they have the social media and the credit card companies and the Attorneys General of multiple large states. And they mostly don't give a shit if their allies are terrible people, or pedophiles, or crooks, as long as they generally help the cause. The low-level useful idiots on the Left will periodically try to cancel a former ally, but the people in charge will forgive them if they serve a purpose. Gov Cuomo isn't being destroyed because he groped some women, not even because he killed 15,000 senior citizens; he's being destroyed because he's IN THEIR WAY, he has fame and fans and he could leverage that into a presidential run, but the masters of the Left have someone else in mind for that. So Cuomo Delenda Est.

On our side, we're willing to destroy useful allies just to make a point to ourselves. Some of us are perfectly happy to let a Democrat win a few elections just to punish a Republican who would have been vastly better, if the Republican refused to obey 100% our whims. That's stupid. Or psychotic. Not sure which, maybe both. But the eagerness here by some to kill the NRA, kill FOAC, kill one of a handful of gun show promoters still able to navigate the landmines of anti-gun towns and counties and the Commonwealth, and kill the entire GOP, makes me wonder if enough of us are sane enough to be trusted with guns, which the Framers protected for free, sane citizens.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

It's dismaying the enthusiasm some people feel for destroying the same allies who the anti-gun zealots want to destroy.

I guess you need someone to destroy when you aren't trying to destroy the NRA and the GOP.
    Its dismaying the enthusiasm some people feel for supporting the same enemies who want to destroy us.

Sorry, but you do not side with Shapiro. If that means punished people who are "supposedly" on our side, that that's what it means.

We got here by constantly compromising. We are done with that. We've stopped billionaires from doing anything effective. We've stop Congress from doing anything effective. We've stopped lots of things by NOT COMPROMISING.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyof76 View Post
    Its dismaying the enthusiasm some people feel for supporting the same enemies who want to destroy us.

Sorry, but you do not side with Shapiro. If that means punished people who are "supposedly" on our side, that that's what it means.

We got here by constantly compromising. We are done with that. We've stopped billionaires from doing anything effective. We've stop Congress from doing anything effective. We've stopped lots of things by NOT COMPROMISING.
    No, you haven't.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Patton found a way to keep going by draining fuel from 1/2 his tanks and using it for the other half.
    He also didn’t make a public statement agreeing with the SS about Jews and undesirables.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Chester County)

No, you haven't.
    Yes we have. What has Congress passed? Nothing. What has Bloomy achieved that would not have happened without his help? Nothing.

What have we gotten by not compromising? We now have 17 states that don't require permits for carrying! 20 years ago it was 2, and one was due to a court case a hundred years prior.

What happened before when we compromised? We got the Brady bill. We got Scary Looking Gun bans.

(Wyoming County)

I am the CUSTOMER, I pay people to represent my interests.

If I were charged for Criminal Homicide but innocent, I would not consider hiring an Attorney who's only interested in getting me a plea of Murder 2 as opposed to Murder 1
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I am the CUSTOMER, I pay people to represent my interests.

If I were charged for Criminal Homicide but innocent, I would not consider hiring an Attorney who's only interested in getting me a plea of Murder 2 as opposed to Murder 1
    You interests are not identical to "what you want". Maybe some guy climbed in your window and you shot him, and you think it was self-defense. But it turns out he was banging your hot young wife, for the last 6 months. And someone from your house called him 30 minutes before he arrived at your house. And your wife swears that she told you about the affair and you said "I'll lure him here and kill him". And he was unarmed. And your sister and mother testify that you have always had a hot temper and they've had to drag you off beating up neighbor kids in the past.

So your lawyer, the most experienced and most successful lawyer in the county, tells you that if you go to trial, you will be convicted. No question at all. And the death penalty is an option, since the evidence is that you lured the victim in and lay in wait. if you go to trial, it's either life in prison, or execution after a few years of languishing on Death Row. But the DA is inexplicably offering a plea of manslaughter, with 5 years in prison.

What are your best interests, and what would a competent lawyer advise you to do?

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    He also didn*t make a public statement agreeing with the SS about Jews and undesirables.

Patton was a racist and a bigot and made many statements to that fact - "Everyone believes that the Displaced Person is a human being, which he is not, and this applies particularly to the Jews, who are lower than animals."

Great General? Yes. Decent human. Nope.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast