Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default ripped off at gunbroker

Just wanted you guys to beware that if your counting on getting what you bid on at gunbroker don't get your hopes up too high. I was the only bidder on a Ruger PC9, man i been looking for a good deal on one of those for over a year, and i won it for 400 bucks plus 20 bucks in shipping ... i was about to dance a jig, when Tonyltd, the seller, sent me a message saying he sold it out of his shop. The auction was still active and there was nothing in the listing saying that he reserved the right to end the auction early; but what made me mad was that gunbroker sided with him stating that there was no bids on it, when he sold it. Of course they're gonna side with him, he's the one paying the listing fee, me i'm just a buyer who they don't get anything out of. Beware of Tony Wilcox LLC,from Warrington, Virginia. that guy is out to make a sale and he dont care who he sticks it to. I'll never do business with that guy or gunbroker again. To me that constitutes breech of contract and internet fraud, maybe i'm just taking it to serious, but what would you guys do if it happened to you? In any case, should any of you guys know of a good deal on a PC9 let me know.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: ripped off at gunbroker

At least you didn't send him any money...always remember, the deal isn't done until you have the gun! Online auctions are not for the weak at heart...LOL

Keep looking, you'll find one! (Is the PC9 out of production? My dealer would just order me something I wanted if I asked...)

(Chester County)

There is no listing fee on gunbroker, only a final value fee, at least according to their website.

From gunbroker's seller's tutorial
    What does it cost?

Basic auction listings on GunBroker.com are free of charge unless the item sells. If the item sells we charge a final value fee that is based on the selling price of the item. As add-ons to the basic listing we make available optional services designed to offer premium placement and draw more attention to the listing. If a seller does not wish to take advantage of these optional services, items can be listed without incurring any fees. We charge no prelisting 'insertion' fees and have no 'membership' fees. For full details on our fees navigate to our Fees page.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/User/SellerTutorial.asp

(Monroe County)

Yep the PC9 and PC4 carbines are not being made.

(Allegheny County)

Disappointing, yes, but have you lost anything in the transaction? Did he really 'stick it' to you by letting you know the gun was sold, and is it fraud if there is no attempt at financial gain?

Ripped off? Did you lose money?

tom
    Everyday, Love your Wife. She might love you back twice that day. :D

(Berks County)

I bet this kinda thing happens once out of every few hundred time a buyer rips a seller off.

I wonder how many times this guy has had people bid on things and than not pay?

Either way it sucks and I feel sorry for you. But instead of taking your marbles and going home you could try again...

(Pike County)

Any on line auction is a gamble. And ya always get peeved if you loose what you consider to be a great buy. Please don't let one bad experiance get you down. I have only done 18 transactions on gunbroker, and 2 on auctionarms, but have done about 1200 on ebay (all as a buyer). I have had 2 transactions go south on ebay, and perhaps 5 more that where a pain to complete. No problems with any on the gun sites.
    If it's of any help, and of course I don't know about your seller, be sure to check the feedback of anyone you are going to deal with before bidding. If anything looks like a problem, DON'T BID. Even if you want the item bad, it's not worth the problem, espically if they have your money and you have jack.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah don't let this one thing steer you away from auction sites or online purchases. When you get deeper into collecting, it becomes the only way to obtain firearms and accessories.

If you didn't send money, then you didn't really get screwed. While I'll agree that sellers who have storefronts should list a disclaimer that items are subject to physical customers in their shops, at the same time, that is almost a given.

I just had to wait over a month to receive a handgun that I paid for from a private seller on GB. I was a hair's breadth from getting the Postal Inspectors involved. Talk about the feeling of being ripped off. Your case is minor in my view, don't give up on the auctions. Good luck.

(Chester County)

I just don't see where you got ripped off ! Hey if I was selling something, I'd sell to the first person who gave me the cash, and if someone else loses out, well that's just too damn bad.

I once sold an army truck I owned and before I did I placed an online add for it in some trader. I got a call from a guy who saw my add from another venue, and he came and bought it. I forgot to inform the online guy that I had sold the truck and continued to get calls about it for a while(I eventually informed them). Now I guess someone could have said I ripped them off by not informing them that I had already sold the truck. But did I? I never talked to any of them nor collected any money from them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast