Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Products co-owner supports licensing people...

...to own standard-capacity magazines.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/24/smal...ity-magazines/

X-Products of Nashville, Tenn., makes 50-round drums that sell for up to $360 and fit onto AR-15s and other military-style rifles like the FN FAL. Some of the drums are "skeletonized" with a cage-style casing instead of solid metal, so the shooter can see how many bullets remain.

X-Products co-owner James Malarkey said he sells 10,000 magazines per year. But why would anybody want to own one?

"For the shooter, it's fun," he said. "You can go out, you can shoot multiple rounds, you don't have to do a magazine change, and it's bragging rights to your friends."

Malarkey realizes that not everyone associates the gun drums with good times. He admits that the general public might rest easier if government agencies develop a licensing system to make sure the owners are law abiding people.

"Instead of outright banning it, allow people to have some kind of licensing," he said. "I think it would weed out a lot of crime."
    Because criminals are really going to get licensed to use standard-capacity magazines in their illegally acquired firearms...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: X-Products co-owner supports licensing people...

One company to X off the buy list.

(Clearfield County)

Well, I guess he decided he's made enough money.

(Allegheny County)

Hey, Jimmy Malarkey.
    Go fuck yourself then go to Dick's and buy a boat anchor, tie it around your leg and go jump in a lake.

edit: I was ready to buy one of his side charging uppers if I had the money. Glad I didn't.
    He can go stuff all his uppers up his lower while he's at it.
    He can get away with a smaller anchor that way.

Last edited by Emptymag; February 28th, 2016 at 06:23 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

in the video he says anything over 10 rounds is high capacity.that's not true.standard capacity in most handguns and some rifles are more
    he's just looking for a way to save his own ass if there is a mag ban.

Quote Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post
    in the video he says anything over 10 rounds is high capacity.that's not true.standard capacity in most handguns and some rifles are more
    he's just looking for a way to save his own ass if there is a mag ban.
    My handguns...

Glock 17 - 17 rounds
    Glock 19 - 15 rounds
    Glock 21 - 13 rounds
    Glock 22 - 15 rounds
    Sig Sauer P226 Mk25 - 15 rounds

All standard capacity. Well...I guess my Glock 17 magazines are now high-capacity. I got the +2 bases on them, so they hold 19 rounds each. And I have a true high-capacity 33 round Glock 18 magazine as well. Not to mention as well the 20 round magazines for my 17S, the 30 round magazines for my LE6920 and the 150 round Korean copy of the Beta magazine (that actually did a 100 round drum dump in ~45 seconds without a single stoppage). Oh, and 25 round magazines for my Carl Walther replica of the HK MP5 SD.

EDIT: I got a response from X-Products on their Facebook page. I posted the same news article there this morning.

Just so you guys know my side of the story, the quote below is completely out of context and not what I said at all. The interview I had was 30 minutes long and I was asked a variety of questions and they just took bits and pieces from the segment. The only thing I said was I would consider a step licensing law where we had access to everything... But it was the only thing I'd consider as a middle ground if there were no other options, I didn't agree that we need licensing. That's down right nuts, I'm a magazine manufacture, it would be detrimental to my business, I already lived through through the 1994-2004 ban , I like you don't want to go through it again.

You've got to remember this is mainstream media, they manipulate the story to fit they're agenda. Heck they didn't even quote our company's location properly.

Let me know if have any other questions and pleas feel free to share my response.
    Could be damage control. But he does have a point - the MSM is very well known for doing an interview and then chopping that interview into pieces for sound bytes.
    Last edited by Solaran_X; February 28th, 2016 at 06:58 PM.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    My handguns...

Glock 17 - 17 rounds
    Glock 19 - 15 rounds
    Glock 21 - 13 rounds
    Glock 22 - 15 rounds

All standard capacity. Well...I guess my Glock 17 magazines are now high-capacity. I got the +2 bases on them, so they hold 19 rounds each. And I have a true high-capacity 33 round Glock 18 magazine as well. Not to mention as well the 20 round magazines for my 17S, the 30 round magazines for my LE6920 and the 150 round Korean copy of the Beta magazine (that actually did a 100 round drum dump in ~45 seconds without a single stoppage). Oh, and 25 round magazines for my Carl Walther replica of the HK MP5 SD.

EDIT: I got a response from X-Products on their Facebook page. I posted the same news article there this morning.

Could be damage control. But he does have a point - the MSM is very well known for doing an interview and then chopping that interview into pieces for sound bytes.
    Don't give a fuck. He knew what they were going in. He's a fucking traitor and I hope he goes bankrupt.

(Beaver County)

Start blowing up their FB page with that article.

(York County)

If Magpul ramps up their production of their new D-60 drum magazine, that sells for less than half of the X-products drum magazine, X-products won't be selling many of the ones they produce.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    My handguns...

Glock 17 - 17 rounds
    Glock 19 - 15 rounds
    Glock 21 - 13 rounds
    Glock 22 - 15 rounds

I don't see much sympathy coming his way after this interview even if it was taken out of context. He wants the community to understand how the media works however he was more then willing to give them a 30 minute interview for some apparent reason.

Sometime we are our own worst enemies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast