Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Kolbe v. Hogan--4th Circuit Rules Firearms Safety Act Subject to Strict Scrutiny

4th Circuit Court of Appeals remanded Kolbe v. Hogan back to the District Court of Maryland today. The lower court is required to review the FAS under strict scrutiny.

Click the link which will open the opinion. The dissent is classic cry baby anti.

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/...an_Opinion.pdf
    Apathy is the downfall of Our Liberty

(Perry County)

Default Re: Kolbe v. Hogan--4th Circuit Rules Firearms Safety Act Subject to Strict Scrutiny

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c2f_story.html

A federal appeals court on Thursday cast doubt on the legality of Maryland’s 2013 ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines passed after the mass shootings at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

The 2-1 decision by a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit sends the gun-control law back to a lower court for review because it “implicates the core protection of the Second Amendment.”

In its majority opinion, written by Chief Judge William B. Traxler Jr., the court found that the Maryland law “significantly burdens the exercise of the right to arm oneself at home.”

In a strongly worded dissent, Judge Robert B. King wrote: “Let’s be real: The assault weapons banned by Maryland’s [law] are exceptionally lethal weapons of war” and as such, he said, not constitutionally protected.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Kolbe v. Hogan--4th Circuit Rules Firearms Safety Act Subject to Strict Scrutiny

Judge King really needs to get all that sand out of his vagina...

(Westmoreland County)

In response to Judge King.

imagesILA693RR.jpg

(Delaware County)

Default Federal appeals court strikes down Maryland ban on "assault weapons"

Love the libtard Huff Post headline: "People Have a Fundamental Right to Own Assault Weapons, Court Rules

In a major victory for gun rights advocates, a federal appeals court on Thursday sided with a broad coalition of gun owners, businesses and organizations that challenged the constitutionality of a Maryland ban on assault weapons and other laws aimed at curbing gun violence.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit said the state's prohibition on what the court called "the vast majority of semi-automatic rifles commonly kept by several million American citizens" amounted to a violation of their rights under the Constitution. Full story here...
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Default Re: Federal appeals court strikes down Maryland ban on "assault weapons"

I'm so sick of this dog and pony show shit. Now that it was shot down, it should never reach the floor AGAIN!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Federal appeals court strikes down Maryland ban on "assault weapons"

(Chester County)

So when can they resume buying "assault weapons"?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    So when can they resume buying "assault weapons"?
    So, I guess you can just walk into a gun shop, and buy select fire weapons. Cool! I'm going to get some tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast