Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Talking Anyone with a Ruger 10/22 check it out

I recently purchased a 10/22 from our forum friend Headhunter13. It was a nice rifle, but had a few gremlins with the trigger and bolt assembly. The thing is, it had all of the right parts on it to make it a really accurate rifle...except for these things.

Picture to refresh your memory!!

Well, upon some snooping around, I found Dan Brown from Gaston, Oregon on gunbroker. This guy is incredible. He has been building custom 10/22 rifles for a long time, and knows his stuff. He offers a new Pinnacle trigger group that he massages with his own jigs and practical knowledge. You can check out a full break down of what it intails here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/Vie...?Item=78948658

While I was at it, I had him redo the Bolt which is a work of art as well.

I recieved it on thursday night, and was on the range at 8:15 am Friday morning. WOW let me tell you what the thing is incredible. With the right ammo, even I was putting 5 shot groups in .5 - .75 inches. With a little more practice, I think it has the ability to get tighter. Most of all, all of the FTF and failure to lock into battery problems are GONE. I had a couple of old guys with the early 60's Winchester target 22's wanting to try out my Black Ruger. At first I got the that "looks nice, but does it do anything?" comments, but when I brought my target back.....they were impressed.
    So, if anyone out there has one of these little rifles, you have to check this guy out. To top it off you feel good giving the guy the business.... He has been disabled for the last 14 years with an upper cervical spine injury, and does this to help suplement what little Social Security pays him. He donates parts and gunsmithing work to the local highschool shooting team.....I know, must be in Oregon if they still have one of those... All around top notch guy. His e-mial is Browns_Sporting_Goods@msn.com ...make sure you tell him Rob from Reading sent you!

The Capn'

Default Re: Anyone with a Ruger 10/22 check it out

I had my 10/22 worked on by Randy at CPC in CT. He is suppose to be the man for 10/22s if you ask the members on rimfirecentral. His turn around time is fast as well. I had him thread my MKIII and 10/22 for my suppressor.

BTW, the 10/22 looks sweet.

(Bucks County)

Careful Rob - Wayne may now want it back

(Berks County)

Smile Re: Anyone with a Ruger 10/22 check it out

I know that there are a bunch of quality places out there that do stuff to the Lil Ruger. I just wanted to let people know that I was completely satisfied with every aspect of Dan Brown's work and communication. That being said, thanks for the positive comments on the rifle....I like it a lot.

The Capn'

And sorry to say Wayne, but this rifle isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Last edited by Capnswervon; September 22nd, 2007 at 10:51 AM.

(Chester County)

That is the rifle that got me hooked on the 10/22. Wayne was kind enough to let me shoot it last spring.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Cool stock, who makes it?
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

(Berks County)

I believe that it is an Anshultz style target stock made by.......I think Bell and Carlson. I will have to check when I get home again.

The Capn'

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I had my 10/22 worked on by Randy at CPC in CT. He is suppose to be the man for 10/22s if you ask the members on rimfirecentral. His turn around time is fast as well. I had him thread my MKIII and 10/22 for my suppressor.

BTW, the 10/22 looks sweet.
    I had mine worked over by Connecticut Precision Chambering also. Randy did his magic to the standard barrel and I only added a Hogue stock so the thing looks "plain jane". But it shoots great!