Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR lower

(Wayne County)

Question AR lower

Can anyone tell me what my chances of getting a deal on an AR lower at any of the upcoming gun shows are rather then ordering online somewhere. Also which show would you recommend.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: AR lower

AR lowers can be hard to come by from time to time.

Not much of a mark up on stripped lowers, so the prices are about the same for the lower dollar models.

Stag stripped lowers are $99 on AR15.com

You MIGHT save a few bucks at a show, but you will still pay the transfer fee and 6% sales tax.

Ordering one will cost you shipping + transfer, but no sales tax.

If you love to shop, wait for a show.

I would have mine on the way to the shop by now...

(Berks County)

Got mine shipped to the FFL from AIM surplus. Was much easier than trying to find one at the Harrisburg gun show. Although if you were looking for one that would be the place to find one when its back in December. Other gun shows I'm not sure about but i know ive seen them at that one.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Lawrence County)

What they said.

Lycan+1thrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Bucks County)

Your best chance of finding one at a show would be at the Valley Forge gunshow in King of Prussia next weekend. I doubt you'd be able to find a good deal there though. Prices on lowers have been running a little high at that show. If you're looking for a deal, you're better off ordering online and having it transferred.

Two places that I've dealt with in the past are Mooney's Firearms in Round Rock, TX and Legal-Transfers/AR-15 Sales up in New Hampshire.

(Centre County)

I've not seen too many stripped lowers at gun shows and those that I did see were more than if you ordered and paid the shipping and transfer fee.

Sorry to go off subject but,

One note to those that say you don't have to pay sales tax on stuff ordered on line or from out of state. Technically you don't have to pay sales tax but legally, if you buy something from a business out of state (and the state does not have a sales tax or the sales tax is lower than 6%) or on line to be delivered to your home(and the seller does not collect sales tax), you owe the state a "Use Tax" of 6% (or the difference between the state sales tax collected and 6%). This tax is in place to help keep PA businesses competitive (PA Dept of Revenue words, not mine). If you read the Use Tax brochure it appears to be primarily aimed at businesses but it states that it is for anyone who buys out of state (in a state that doesn't have a sales tax or very low sales tax) or orders from an on line source that doesn't collect PA sales tax. I (my business) just received a letter about paying any back Use Tax that I may owe (without any penalty if I fess up by Oct 25 and pay). In a business setting they can audit my books and see where I bought things for the business and if it doesn't match the sales tax I pay then I can be held liable for the Use Tax. How they would audit a private person I do not know (I think I know how it could be done though), but the tax is for real.

Back on subject,

Easiest way would be to to order and have it sent to an FFL or go to ar15.com, here, or other forums, etc. and check the classifieds area to see about any private parties selling lowers (sales between private parties, no taxes at all, just the shipping/transfer, unless it is within PA, then they can ship direct to you as it is considered a longarm).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Westmoreland County)

There weren't many lowers at the Harmarville show last weekend and the few that were there were overpriced. I mean, $130 for a superior arms stripped lower? Yikes...for that price you're better off ordering it and paying the x-fer fee.
    I own guns!

(Luzerne County)

Compared to the last few shows I attended, online offers better selection and prices. I recently picked up a Bushmaster lower at a local Gun Shop for a good price (original kid who ordered it had unexpected car repairs and backed out) but it was more luck than anything.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Franklin County)

I was at the show at the Harrisburg Farm Show complex a few weeks ago and was able to snag a stripped Stag lower for $100, which I considered a good price. All other Stag lowers at the show were going for $120 or so. I also saw a stripped Bushmaster for $189, which is a little bit too salty, if you ask me.

(York County)

FWIW, I was selling striped lowers at the Harrisburg show for $99.95 or $119.95 for a 6.8mm marked lower. I sold six on Saturday. I have one left. I have new CY6/Defensive Edge lowers coming in but they will retail for about $130. They're out there if you look hard enough.
    StubbyGear.Com
    Funny Name, Serious Gear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast