Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK or Sig

(Lehigh County)

Default HK or Sig

neww to this forum...Looking into getting a Sig P229 or an HK USP 40 compact, neither of which i can find used right now. Should i pick one over the other? I am a lefty and i know the H&K is a little more left hand friendly...not sure about he SIG though? any thoughts..

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: HK or Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    neww to this forum...Looking into getting a Sig P229 or an HK USP 40 compact, neither of which i can find used right now. Should i pick one over the other? I am a lefty and i know the H&K is a little more left hand friendly...not sure about he SIG though? any thoughts..
    It is honestly whichever one is more comfortable to you. You can't go wrong with either of the choices.

They really are that close.

In my opinion, which does not really mean much, that is like asking if you should get a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. If you have the cash, you have found yourself in a rather good conundrum. Hmmmm, Sig, HK, Sig, HK. All joking aside, try to rent both and see what you like. Good luck, and be sure to let us know what you picked.
    Jules

(Northampton County)

I am also left handed and like the Sig much more than H&K . You will not find a left handed H&K out there. If what you think left hand friendly is H&K’s mag release I can teach you a few things. I do like H&K but there is nothing on them I feel is good for left handed people that cant be overcome on anybody else’s hand guns.

There is a advantage being left handed and shooting hand guns / reloading them.
    Also forget about using the slide release on any semi auto. You don’t need to!

(Philadelphia County)

I like sig as you can see i think the trigger pull is muck better an less bulke dont no much about hks CS but sig is very good.Outta the 6 sigs that i own never had any malfunctions at all with 10 thou down range.Hope this helped a little there both exel wepons.
    Glock 22 Sig 220west G kimber c2 Dan wesson 357 Sig 229 9mm

(Allegheny County)

I currently own seven Sigs. Three of them are 229's. My dealer keeps trying to get me interested in the HK but it doesn't feel as good to me as the Sig's.

(Franklin County)

I was dead-set on getting a full size USP 45 around the end of August of last year. The gun looked quite German and I liked the way it felt in my hand for the most part. As luck would have it, I ran into a guy at the local range who had the 40 compact version and let me run a magazine though it. I'm not sure exactly what it was about the gun, but there was some intangible aspect of it that I didn't enjoy. I don't know how different the full size 45 version would be, but whatever the reason, my extremely brief shooting of the 40 compact model was enough to make me hold off from buying one.

That being said, my experience with Sigs are limited to an afternoon shooting a buddy's Mosquito, which seemed to jam every other round. It is my understanding that the crappiness of the Mosquito is in no way present in any of their centerfire pistols.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably get a Sig. While there's no doubt that HK makes an awesome weapon, it seems like they always command a fairly premium price, even if the weapon is of equal or only slightly higher quality than a comparable competitor. Also, I've been warned that HK really caters to Military/LE and isn't very accommodating civilians who purchase their weapons. I have no idea if that's true or not, just a rumor I heard, but it's something to consider in the (probably unlikely) event you have a problem with the gun.

(Luzerne County)

They are both great guns. I have both and prefer the Sig due to how it feels. Hold both and see what "fits" you best.

(Allegheny County)

Hi my name is Dave and I'm a SIGaholic. But the H&K products are well worth the money too.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Lehigh County)

thanks for the replies guys, I have shot both and at this point i thinks it a matter of what i can find first at a reasonable price (its a toss up for me on which i like best), i havent been able to find either at any gun shops around here....when im not looking for a gun i want i see them all the time, when i am looking cant find one...hahaha irony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast