Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking Walmart on PA near Philly sells guns

Hello, I live in NJ and was looking for some Walmart's in PA that sell shotguns. I live in Central NJ. Looking for a lower end Semi Auto 12ga. and I thought Walmart might be a good place to look. Thanks

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Looking Walmart on PA near Philly sells guns

Quote Originally Posted by tbarto View Post
    Hello, I live in NJ and was looking for some Walmart's in PA that sell shotguns. I live in Central NJ. Looking for a lower end Semi Auto 12ga. and I thought Walmart might be a good place to look. Thanks
    Check out gun shops instead. Some beat Walmart prices and you my find a nice used one even cheaper.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Philadelphia County)

You have to go WAY outside of Philly to find a Walmart that will sell either firearms or ammo.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

the walmart near me, macdade/south ave sells ammo, i dont know about guns though.
    FJB

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    Check out gun shops instead. Some beat Walmart prices and you my find a nice used one even cheaper.
    Same thing I was going to say. Chances are the selection will be better and the person helping you will be more knowledgeable. And it will be more fun too.
    Johnnie F.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tbarto View Post
    Actually, NEW JERSEY is going to be the best place for you to look... for legal reasons.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    You have to go WAY outside of Philly to find a Walmart that will sell either firearms or ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    the walmart near me, macdade/south ave sells ammo, i dont know about guns though.

There are at least three Wallyworlds here in Delaware County that sell ammo, targets, clays and other gun related stuff, none of them sell guns though. The three I'm aware of are within from 10 to 20 minute drives from Philadelphia.
    Glenolden, Eddystone and Upper ChiChester.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71 View Post
    Actually, NEW JERSEY is going to be the best place for you to look... for legal reasons.
    I believe federal law allows for purchase of LONG guns in bordering states without having to have it shipped back to an FFL in your home state, which would be the case for handguns. Not sure about NJ law though - I know you need some kind of firearms owner card there, and I would presume a bordering state FFL would want to see it.

Check out Miller's in New Castle DE http://www.millersguns.com/. They have a huge selection of shotguns and can order what they don't have. They should be familiar with procedures for selling to NJ residents, as they're right over the Del Memorial Bridge from south Jersey. Bonus - no sales tax!
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Thank, A lot of gun stores in NJ just don't have lower end shoutguns, They have the $1,400 Beretta's but not teh lower end. Thanks.

(Northampton County)

You MUST have a valid NJ Driver's License and the NJ "purchasing permisssion card" to buy from an FFL dealer in PA. You will also have to fill out a NJ out-of-state purchase form, a copy of which will be sent to the NJ State Police for their records. When the dealer calls in for your INSTA-CHECK, the agent will ask for all the info on the card as well as the info on the 4473. Long guns you can take along with you if you pass - handguns must be sent to an FFL dealer location of your choice in NJ - where that dealer will run NJ's version of the INSTA-CHECK. When I was working in a shop here in PA, we used to get quite a few Jerseyites who were not familiar with the above procedure - some became pretty pissed-off that they couldn't just buy a long gun in PA without all the "crap" - after all, they had driven all the way from Jersey to buy.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast