Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default LCB plans for rights infringing wine dispensers at super markets

To buy wine from a kiosk, a buyer would have to insert his/her drivers' license, to prove that they are at least 21 years of age. If so, the would-be buyer would then have to breathe into a breath testing machine in the kiosk, to prove that the buyer isn't already inebriated. The buyer would be able to buy just one bottle at a time.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09189...xzz0KgzVO3PU&D

(Bucks County)

Default Re: LCB plans for rights infringing wine dispensers at super markets

Amazing....but can't do that at the Polls, where IMO is the only place it should be.

(Philadelphia County)

this is fantastic!

now all kids have to do, is "borrow" a driver's license for a little while, go to your local kiosk, and load up.

Also, how close do you have to get your mouth to that breathalyzer? I can imagine people putting all sorts of nasty crap on there.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

While I think this is pretty foolish, I don't see how it's a rights infringing wine dispenser.

(Philadelphia County)

Stupidest idea I have seen for a while!!!

How pointless. JUST ALLOW THE SUPERMARKETS TO SELL BEER AND WINE.

I love going to NC outter banks every year. On the way down we stop at Kitty Hawk NC Walmart and load up on cases of beer for CHEAP.

(York County)

I think its a relitively ok idea, at least its a step in the right direction. I really dont understand the breathalyzer stuff though. If you can walk into a Wine And Spirits while drunk and buy booze, why should a wine dispenser at a supermarket be any different?

Regardless, i agree with biggs88, just fucking sell the alcohol at the supermarkets already! There are plenty of states that have been doing it for years, and successfully too.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow View Post
    I think its a relitively ok idea, at least its a step in the right direction. I really dont understand the breathalyzer stuff though. If you can walk into a Wine And Spirits while drunk and buy booze, why should a wine dispenser at a supermarket be any different?

Regardless, i agree with biggs88, just fucking sell the alcohol at the supermarkets already! There are plenty of states that have been doing it for years, and successfully too.
    Actually it is unlawful for anyone to sell booze to an intoxicated person.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    While I think this is pretty foolish, I don't see how it's a rights infringing wine dispenser.
    It would be if they are restricting it to only people who have a drivers license.

Maybe that is why they yanked the press release off their website.
    http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...2%26offset%3D0
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    It would be if they are restricting it to only people who have a drivers license.

Maybe that is why they yanked the press release off their website.
    http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...2%26offset%3D0
    I still don't see how that would be rights infringing. Do you have a right to purchase a product? Specifically do you have the right to purchase wine from a grocery store? If not this is hardly a rights infringing wine dispenser.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    How pointless. JUST ALLOW THE SUPERMARKETS TO SELL BEER AND WINE.
    ++

Pennsylvania desperately needs to abandon it's antiquated liquor laws. You shouldn't have to buy your wine from a state-owned store, and retailers should be free to sell beer instead of granting a special monopoly to distributors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast