Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default The school shooting you may not of heard of

I found this story today and had to share.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

This part in particular stands out

The school's assistant principal, Joel Myrick, retrieved a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol from his truck and, spotting him near the parking lot, shouted for Woodham to stop. Woodham was trying to go across the street to the middle school to likely continue the shooting,yet Myrick, a U.S. Army Reserve commander, detained Woodham until authorities arrived. Out of over 600 separate news stories after the shooting, only 19 mentioned Myrick in any way, and only 13 mentioned he was a part of stopping the attack, thus leading some to suggest a broader issue of media bias in the United States.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Bucks County)

Default Re: The school shooting you may not of heard of

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    I found this story today and had to share.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

This part in particular stands out
    Sadly it is most likely due to the fact nothing "tragic" happened. The media loves tragedies so they can spend days talking about how we caused it ourselves, they line up their experts to talk about it stir up political debate and talk about it some more. Then they move on. It is a lot like that terrible Bond movie where the guy created horrible things just to have news to talk about.

(Lackawanna County)

does not fit agenda.

(Allegheny County)

Yes, I've read about that before. One of the things I read was his own account of the event as it unfolded.

The shooter was headed off in his car after shooting up the school and I believe skidded out on wet grass and got stuck for a moment and that's when Myrick ran to the car, and drew down on him. He said that his own child was at the other school just down the street and feared that the shooter was headed there next. I believe he told him at that moment that if he moved he would kill him.

(He should have anyway)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Last time I saw on the news their rundown of school shootings...this was never mentioned in their list...interesting. Thanks for the education, I had never heard of it until now..

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yes, I've read about that before. One of the things I read was his own account of the event as it unfolded.

The shooter was headed off in his car after shooting up the school and I believe skidded out on wet grass and got stuck for a moment and that's when Myrick ran to the car, and drew down on him. He said that his own child was at the other school just down the street and feared that the shooter was headed there next. I believe he told him at that moment that if he moved he would kill him.

(He should have anyway)
    Follow (and agree with) the white rabbit.... I mean text.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Chester County)

I remember when that happened. I had forgotten the details until I read post. If I remember correctly this wasn't the only one that was stopped by an armed teacher or principal. There was a case where a woman with a gun stopped a shooter at a church out in Colorado around the same time.

I really don't care what leftists think, my aim is to make it so they have little or no input on laws and would prefer to disarm them politically. Sure I have a few neighbors and friends that are liberals but that doesn't mean I want them being in charge of making decisions because they always lean toward big government intervention.
    Diversity is the greatest weakness, excellence is the greatest strength. JPC

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    does not fit agenda.
    ^^^ this ^^^
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown