Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clarion County)

Default After Market Barrels ?

I asked this question before,but I'll ask it again.
    The problem with stock Glock barrels is lack of support,"the kaboom factor".
    I also under-stand that the tighter tollerences in the after-market barrel compramizes dependiblity.The question,if you were to hone the camber of an after-market barrel chamber,to the Glock factory spec., would you have the best of both,better support with the Glock dependability ?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: After Market Barrels ?

First, your making assumptions that may or may not be the case depending on the particular aftermarket barrel.

You do not necessarily lose reliability with an aftermarket barrel.

Some aftermarket barrels have to be fitted to the gun. Some are "drop in". and some more are proposed to be "drop in" but may not actually be the case.
    If properly fitted and the chamber is spec'd appropriately, you should not experience a loss of reliability.

Now, I've installed a number of aftermarket barrels and generally, yes, the chambers are tighter. Re-chambering or "honing" as you called it is not a job to take on haphazardly. The chamber needs to be cut so the walls are perfectly parallel. "Honing" would not be the proper procedure. An appropriately sized chamber reamer or lathe skills is needed to accomplish this while maintaining proper headspace as well.

So to answer your question Yes, given a properly fitted barrel and properly reamed chamber (if needed) you can have a reliable aftermarket barrel installed in your Glock.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Clarion County)

Many years ago, I was a custom machinist,worked in 10,000 jnch tollerences
    but mostly,1,000 of inches plus,I've got a friend that's been in the business
    36 years.Nothing hap-hazardly here.The barrel,Bar-stow,I need to do more research but of coarse,I'm a stickler for details,it's my nature.
    Now,I've been wanting to buy a barrel anyhow but if it can be improved,\why not.I'm sure,your thinking "if they thought it was better",but what I find,is people don't always think.I could be wrong here,but if sloppy works for Glock,
    why not Bar-Sto ??
    Your opinions are welcome,this is just an idea.Give me your feedback,but I think,with some precise machine work,....????

(Luzerne County)

Bar-sto barrels are one of the best, IMO.
    And yes, they can (and need) to be chamber reamed for reliability.

Go for it

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie