Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Illegal Kills UW woman

What more will these illegals do. Look at all violence they bring!

Oh ya, he was an Illegal British Immigrant (Gotcha Diego!)

SEATTLE - A man who killed a woman on the University of Washington campus on Monday and then killed himself had lived in the United States illegally for more than 10 years, according to immigration officials.

Jonathan Rowan, 41, was a British citizen. The woman killed was his ex-girlfriend, 26-year-old Rebecca Griego.

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman says Rowan arrived legally at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport in March 1996 carrying his visa waiver he obtained as a British citizen. That allowed him to stay in the country for 90 days.

After the 90 days expired, Rowan was in the country illegally, but he remained in the United States, staying almost underground.

Rowan worked odd jobs, including buying and selling cars and setting up Web sites. He had aliases and fake passports, and lived in homes that were destined for demolition, so he moved frequently.

A birth certificate with a seal of England shows Rowan was born on March 13, 1966, in the County of Leicester and identifies him as the son of a welder.

Spokeswoman Lorie Dankers says immigration officials got tips several years ago that Rowan was in the U.S. illegally and investigated, but immigration agents couldn't find him.

Immigration agents prepared an administrative immigration warrant for Rowan's arrest when he wasn't found.

Seattle police arrested Rowan for drunken driving on June 30, 2006. But city law forbids Seattle police from inquiring about immigration status unless the officer has a reasonable suspicion that person is in the United States illegally.
    http://www.koin.com/Global/story.asp?S=6330319

Saw this on O'Reilly last night. Guess the woman complained to the university and to the police and they didn't do anything.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Illegal Kills UW woman

Damn those Brits!!!

We must build a wall across the ocean!!

They are gonna come here, and drink all our tea!!!!!!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Somebody please explain this part to me.

Seattle police arrested Rowan for drunken driving on June 30, 2006. But city law forbids Seattle police from inquiring about immigration status unless the officer has a reasonable suspicion that person is in the United States illegally.

WTF?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GTO-Guy View Post

WTF?
    It's to not offend 90% of Microsoft employees. All jokes aside, that's probably the real reason. You find a guy obviously not born here because he looks and sounds foreign but you don't want to inquire if they're illegal and I think it's a good policy. This nation is full of foreign people and they shouldn't be presumed illegal unless "the officer has a reasonable suspicion" otherwise.

It's a sound policy for a city with a high legal but foreign worker population. Not to mention, those people bring a lot of money into that city.

You only really need to worry about mexicans.....
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GTO-Guy View Post

WTF?
    Seattle is one of many cities in this country who will not question the immigration status of anyone arrested for a felony. They "don't want to get involved" in the illegal alien debate and so rather than following through on promises that were made in order to receive certain government funds, they refuse and nothing adverse happens to them.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHighChild View Post
    It's to not offend . You find a guy obviously not born here because he looks and sounds foreign but you don't want to inquire if they're illegal. This nation is full of foreign people and they shouldn't be presumed illegal

You only really need to worry about mexicans.....
    Since I no longer keep an up to date green card, I have worked on my western Pa accent to "blend"more easily. I don't want to go through that paperwork anymore. THC, how am I doing?

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Bucks County)

I see, and agree that I would not want police cruising down the street saying,"hey, that guy looks foreign, better check his papers." But once he is busted for something like drunk driving, all bets are off. Check him out every way possible.

(Montgomery County)

Figured I'd chime in since I'm new here, nothing like the present to say Hello.

Hello....

The article didn't say anything about where he got the gun, don't even tell me he bought it legally. That would be just like Cho was able to do in Virgina.

Immigrants should be limited to box cutters...

(Chester County)

I think legal gun ownership should be just for US citizens.

We all know of the black market that exists if a gun is to be had they will have problems getting one. I dont advocate illegal guns I am just pointing out reality.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I think legal gun ownership should be just for US citizens.

We all know of the black market that exists if a gun is to be had they will have problems getting one. I dont advocate illegal guns I am just pointing out reality.
    What do you think about non citizens being drafted into the military, sent to a war zone to protect the rights of those who don't go and come back to verbal abuses for being a "baby killer".

Should that person be allowed to own guns after he turns in his M-16 and should he even have to serve in our military?

How about that guy?..

Your thoughts?

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast