Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Savage 110 .270 In time for Buck!

Ladies and Gentlemen,SOLD

Due to recent demands I am parting with a very old friend.
    Up for sale is a Savage 110 w/accutrigger in .270 caliber. The rifle is about 4 years old and has very minor wear, (a scratch here and there on the stock.) It has a black synthetic stock and swivels for bipod or sling use. I am including a padded sling with the rifle. The barrel is 24 inches and the action is savages extremely long action. The barrel is free floated and button rifled. It has had 247 rounds fired, average groups consisted of 1 inch or better at 100 yards.

Best ammo was Federal Fusion 130gr.
    Worst ammo was Remington Corlokt 150gr.
    It tends to prefer the 130gr ammo over the 150gr.
    No reloads have ever been used!

The scope on the rifle is a Redfield 3x9x40 Illuminator.
    This is not an illuminated scope
    The reticle has a highly reflective coating that will bounce the smallest amount of light off any source behind you to give it the appearance of a lit reticle. Requires no batteries only a small amount of light.
    This is similar to the Redfield scopes they put on the first USMC M40's.
    I have had the pleasure of looking through a lot of glass and there are very few that I think surpass the light gathering and FOV capabilities of this scope.

I am selling this rifle with or without the scope. Although I highly recomend the scope!

I paid $475 for the rifle brand new.
    For just the rifle I am asking for a low price of $350.
    I paid $300 for the Redfield scope.
    I am willing to sacrfice and sell the rifle and scope combo for $450

All sales will be Face to Face or at a gun shop of your choice within 45mins of the Reading, Oley area. I ask that you provide a LTCF or a PA drivers license that is in good standing.

This rifle is already to go for buck season or whatever you plan on hunting this year. I have taken two bucks, 1; 8 pointer and a 6 and four doe with this rifle.

If you will allow me I would like to indulge in the Savage brand and tell you more about your future purchase.

Savage Rifles have a barrel lug that connects the barrel to the action. This alternitive style may look displeasing to some but it has been atributed to Savages long standing accuracy claims. What is even more impressive is that this feature allows for caliber changes. Since this rifle is chambered in .270 you can change its caliber to 30-06 with just a barrel!!!
    http://www.savageshooters.com/ <-- more info can be found here!

I chose .270 because it is a much flatter cal than the '06. But I want the buyer to be aware of the possibilities.

The stock has been sanded down to make sure the barrel remained free floated. Savage does not have the greatest stocks wood or synthetic but it has always served me well.

Attached is an older picture and I will take more upon request.

Sorry about the size.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Sold!

Congrats! Lover her as I lover her.
    Last edited by JDePietro; November 16th, 2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Sold