Default Al Gore's Electric Bill

For Immediate Release: February 26, 2007

February 26, 2007
    For Further Information, Contact:
    Nicole Williams, (615) 383-6431
    editor@tennesseepolicy.org

Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”
    Gore’s home uses more than 20 times the national average

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

###
    The Tennessee Center for Policy Research is an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions.

Damn,
    I guess we are going to save our planet from certain doom, we all need to start walking to the range to make up for the energy Al uses for his mansion.

Here's the link to the article...
    http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/...article_id=367
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Al Gore's Electric Bill

Almost as good as prince Charles flying over the Atlantic in a 747 to accept a environmental award.

(Berks County)

Gore is no different than all the Democrat Hollywood stars who want to push an agenda; it's "do as I say, not as I do". They preach moderation, conservation, and that "we" need to drastically make sacrifices for the public good, while they themselves are the biggest users and abusers of the system. I'll practice moderation the day they start looking inward and realize they are the ones that need to change before everyone else.

The sense of entitlement is sickening.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

Now that is what I would call "An Inconvenient Reality." Not surprised in the least, he travels the world in private planes, has drivers taking him anywhere he wants to go and now this. To quote Gomer Pyle, "Surprise, surprise, surprise."
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

Added because I don't like the post count of 666.... I ain't goin there.......
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Lebanon County)

I just had to look at my bill after seeing this. We are a family of 4, 2 being teenagers who seem to have the typical problems of youth as far as finding the "OFF" position of devices such as lights and entertainment gizmos. We have an extra refrigerator, two computers that are always on except during a storm, and don't really make as much of an effort as I thought we should to conserve energy. Our average electricity usage is a whopping 33 kWh per day, or 1141 kWh per month. I thought that was way too much until I saw what a true conservationist finds to be acceptable
    Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.
    I guess I can ease up on the kids a little bit.

(Philadelphia County)

And thats just the one mansion. Apparently they own several large homes, and they each consume massive amounts of electricity.

But hey!, cut the man some slack. I think he deserves it only for the fact that him, and him alone gave us the internet.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I just had to look at my bill after seeing this. We are a family of 4, 2 being teenagers who seem to have the typical problems of youth as far as finding the "OFF" position of devices such as lights and entertainment gizmos. We have an extra refrigerator, two computers that are always on except during a storm, and don't really make as much of an effort as I thought we should to conserve energy. Our average electricity usage is a whopping 33 kWh per day, or 1141 kWh per month. I thought that was way too much until I saw what a true conservationist finds to be acceptable
    I guess I can ease up on the kids a little bit.

HA!
    I have the whole article hanging on my "wall of truths" at work, but after
    seeing the quote you highlighted and your comments, I'll make up a poster with that on it!
    It's short enough for people to read as they walk by and gets the message across in my favorite way - politically incorrect/insensitive.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lebanon County)

But hey!, cut the man some slack. I think he deserves it only for the fact that him, and him alone gave us the internet.
    Ironic that you should mention that while I'm sitting here preparing to format a hard drive because of a Trojan Horse that I picked up on "his" internet yesterday and can't get rid of.
    (Yes, I have a clean backup on a different hard drive ).
    He's just one of those guys who can really piss people off in many ways all at the same time.
    I guss he must have pioneered multi-tasking too!
    Last edited by mauser; February 27th, 2007 at 11:18 AM.

(Cambria County)

With the energy that bozo consumes in one month, I could power my home for 2 years! (and it's a 35 year-old house, and not terribly energy efficient, although I HAVE been doing things to increase the energy efficiency quota (new siding with insulation board underneath, 20% drop in gas usage for heating, adding insulation, replacing old appliances with more energy-efficient models, same with gas water heater, doing laundry with cold water, replacing incandescent bulbs with compact flourescent, etc)
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast