Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default I got a question

I'm always reading these posts here about all these negative OC encounters and how guys have polished their responses to critics and all the new recording apps and digital recorders they're carrying with them. But, I never hear these same guys talking about actually going shooting. So, I guess I have a few questions. How often do these OC guys actually practice putting rounds down range? Are these OC guys really carrying for self defense or is more for the political value of OC? I'm just thinking, if you're going to carry a firearm for self defense, you should make it a priority to become more than proficient with that firearm - and that takes range/trigger time and meaningful drills.

So I spend my weekends shooting competitively. Most of the guys I shoot with are good for about 12,000+ rounds a year going down range. We talk shooting, lots of shooting. Few of the competitive shooters CC daily and I've never heard of any of them OC'ing.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: I got a question

All I hear those CC people talk about is how OC is bad, and CC is better, and how we are going to ruin it for everyone. I almost never hear them talk about how we should stick together as firearm carriers. So my question is, what makes you so high and mighty to think that a method of carry affects shooting ability or time spent behind the bang switch?

Pretty ridiculous, isn't it?

(obviously using absurdity to illustrate the absurd)
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Lehigh County)

Just because you never heard of it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

(Lancaster County)

I went to the range the other day, I shot a whole bunch of rounds down range, and some up range, and some sideways. I punched a lot of holes in paper.

Wow, that's an exciting conversation, I don't see why we don't have more of those types of threads.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BestDefense=StrongOffense View Post
    All I hear those CC people talk about is how OC is bad, and CC is better, and how we are going to ruin it for everyone. I almost never hear them talk about how we should stick together as firearm carriers. So my question is, what makes you so high and mighty to think that a method of carry affects shooting ability or time spent behind the bang switch?

Pretty ridiculous, isn't it?

(obviously using absurdity to illustrate the absurd)
    I'm asking a question because I'm interested in the answers I get back. What you responded with was neither an answer nor helpful. It was nothing more than defensive nonconstructive juvenile snark - which is all too common on this forum with sacred subject are broached.

Now, if you told us that you were good for about a thousand rounds a year, that would be an answer. As much as you would like this to be a "everyone is out to get OC'ers" post. It's not. I'm curious because I don't see post from OC enthusiasts discussing range trips, drills, shoot/don't shoot simulator time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa.Sniper View Post
    Just because you never heard of it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
    Which is exactly why I'm asking.

I find it curious that I'm getting sarcastic answers instead of legitimate ones. Maybe those sarcastic answers are the real answers.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyishootstuff View Post
    Which is exactly why I'm asking.

I find it curious that I'm getting sarcastic answers instead of legitimate ones. Maybe those sarcastic answers are the real answers.
    My guess is shooting handguns at close range is boring let alone talking about it.
    Now shooting rifles at long range is a hell of a lot more fun, especially with iron sights.
    Its a lot more fun to talk (brag) about too

"Sarcastic answers"?

Here?

Hard to believe.

(Luzerne County)

Actually an interesting question. Lets see how this pans out. Then lets compare the answer to how many rounds a police officer shoots a year. I know one police officer who practices several times a week. Then I know a few who practice once or twice a year. The last I checked police open carry.

Why this is directed at open carriers befuddles me.

There are people who cc who only gets out occasionally.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Actually an interesting question. Lets see how this pans out. Then lets compare the answer to how many rounds a police officer shoots a year. I know one police officer who practices several times a week. Then I know a few who practice once or twice a year. The last I checked police open carry.

Why this is directed at open carriers befuddles me.

There are people who cc who only gets out occasionally.
    It was directed at the OC crowd specifically due the high number of posts about OC logs and negative encounters and how the OC crowd has refined its message, response, and tactics. But, the question most certainly applies to the CC crowd as well. I just had my annual qualifier and there were some guys there who have not shot since last years qualifier - so there are some cops that shoot thousands of round a year and some that shoot basically none a year.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast