Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default ak on sale at cabelas?

Cabelas has these AK rifles on sale for 379$ with the synthetic stocks and two mags. Just wanted to know if that was a decent AK or are they junk? A friend of mine said he wouldn't trust them. Just wanted some other opinions if someone on here checked them out.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: ak on sale at cabelas?

A little more specs would be nice to lend a hand, other than "these" AK's...

Im not sure if anyone could shed some light on what brand/model you're talking about

(Northampton County)

I'm not sure what brand but they are in the sale ad I got in the mail. It says. Spa AK 7.62x39 synthetic stock with scope rail. Includes two low cap magazine. Doesn't say what brand

(Lehigh County)

The One thats on sale is the Zastava PAP. The one drawback to them is that they are low cap mags (10rounds) They will not accept standard ak mags (30round) without modification.
    My personal opinion is if your looking for a cheap AK to get you started its a good start at a good price. I picked mine up for $250 out the door since i had some gift cards. Also mine came with a total of 3 mags as did a friend of mine who bought one.
    Here is the link to the post i started on it and the modifications Ive done to mine so far.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...k-47-mods.html

I am planning on meeting with a local gunsmith tomorrow to get a quote for doing the high cap mag conversion.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by maxxram View Post

I am planning on meeting with a local gunsmith tomorrow to get a quote for doing the high cap mag conversion.
    FLICK's 3 step program for AK success......

1. Ask around on the forum for someone that can/will do this for you and you will save a few bucks. It is not that hard to do and requires you getting over that "I'm gonna fu*k up my brand new gun" feeling.

2. Get over that "I'm gonna f*ck up my brand new gun" feeling and break out the dremel! You can do it!!

3. Don't f*ck up your brand new gun!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    FLICK's 3 step program for AK success......

1. Ask around on the forum for someone that can/will do this for you and you will save a few bucks. It is not that hard to do and requires you getting over that "I'm gonna fu*k up my brand new gun" feeling.

2. Get over that "I'm gonna f*ck up my brand new gun" feeling and break out the dremel! You can do it!!

3. Don't f*ck up your brand new gun!
    haha, i love this.
    so are you basically trimming the receiver?
    yeah, i am not from PA nor have i ever been to PA....still love reading this forum.

I paid about $425 for my Camo Polymer stock AK with 2 30 round mags to go along with the other 10 30 rounders I had bought before hand. I was feeling that maybe I paid too much but $379 for a Ak with 2 10 round mag that needs modification to load the 30 round mag will leave you above $425 in peace of mind and money and with 2 useless 10 round mags.

I'm good!!!

Still not bad but I'd like to buy it working the way I want.

Not sure why, but most AK's are going up in price every time a shop gets a new batch in. I went to Hake's the other day and they had just got some in. The last batch they had was $469 and this batch is $509 for a WASR-10. The one I looked at was in pretty rough shape with a badly canted gas block.

(Allegheny County)

I believe that you have to replace the bolt, open the mag well, and maybe mess with the bullet guide for the hi-cap conversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Washington County)

I would not buy it if I wanted a military type AK which will accept 30 round mags. The muzzle is not threaded. The receiver is slant cut. The mag well and front trunnion need hogged out. The bolt needs replaced with a M70 bolt (which could cause headspace issues. You need to dremel a feed ramp into the bullet guide. etc.

Not worth the hassle IMO. You're better off paying the extra $100 and getting a WASR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast