Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New acqusition

Default New acqusition

I let better judgement get the better of me today.I got a new toy on Gunbroker today.A manllicher style 98-40 with waffen eagles from 1941.All
    match except floor plate,good bore for $200.Now the rest of the story.It's been sporterized.The original three piece stock furniture is gone as are the
    bands and the whole rear sight.It's getting ugly isn't it?I read somewhere the furniture and bands,if you can find them,are about $500.
    What I want to accomplish now is to get a rear sight installed to at least get some shooting time on it.The receiver isn't tapped for a scope so that option is not there.
    Anybody know someone fimiliar with these rare rifles?
    You can see it at Gunbroker at item # 269228255.Any comments,besides what were you thinking?

(Berks County)

Default Re: New acqusition

congrats on your new purchase! Guess one goes out and another fills it's place...

TDSjr

Quote Originally Posted by TDSjr View Post
    congrats on your new purchase! Guess one goes out and another fills it's place...

TDSjr
    I had plans to make it whole again but it seems it's going to be a sporter after all.The cost and difficulty of bringing it back is just too much.I'm told that the mechanics I have might make it possible to make some sort of trade
    that would give me what I want in the end.We'll see.

(Berks County)

My son has asked a dozen times about the rifle...lol I told him we would be meeting up next Saturday and I'll send him pictures once I get it home. I thank you for making a soldiers day and look forward to meeting you on Saturday!

TDSjr

I'll see you there.We'll do lunch.