Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gun Safes

(Beaver County)

Default Gun Safes

I need to buy a safe. Where do people in Pittsburgh buy their safes? How much should I be expecting to pay? I have two shotguns, an AR, an AK and three handguns. The collection is only going to grow. Space isn't an issue. I have a huge closet but if I have to, I'll put it in the corner of my bedroom. I looked at Gander Mountain, Dick's, Dunham's and they didn't have that many of them so I don't know if there's a place that specializes in safes.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gun Safes

I know you said you went to Dunham's, but did you go to just one? I've found that their safe collection can vary quite a bit from store to store. I was in the Dunham's in Gibsonia the other day, which had a few larger safes the one in Fox Chapel didn't. The only problem is they don't deliver, but will help you load it into your vehicle.

One other place you may want to look is Tractor Supply Company. I know they have a few that are very nice.

I'm also on the lookout for a safe - I'll be keepin' an eye on the thread in case you find some good deals

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gun Safes

I forgot to mention - If you feel like making a trip to Clearfield (about 2 1/2 hrs NE up rt 28), Grice Gun Shop has a big selection. Again though, I'm not sure how you'd get it back, as I don't know if they offer delivery.

http://gricegunshop.com/ click on the "3 Big Days" sale ad on the right. The first few pages are all gun safes.