Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Pistol pete leather vest

Does anyone have a pistol pete leather vest. I need a new vest and thought of getting one of these . is there any problem with weight ( like does it sag on one side with the gun in) also does it print alot ?

Heres a link to one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120382043865 sorry its on evilbay .

thanks for any info

(York County)

Default Re: Pistol pete leather vest

IMHO if you are wearing a black leather vest, or any vest really, and your not riding a motorcycle, you are just screaming " I gotta gun. " Even the town idiot will figure that out. JMO
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(York County)

I disagree with tes151's post 100%. Vests are a dress or fashion some enjoy wearing for style, function, or both.
    I like them because of the pockets, by the way.
    I wear a vest in the winter. My vest is made by Filson and is for cold weather layering as well as concealment. It's wool, so very warm, but not good for spring or summer wear. It's long enough to conceal a Glock 19 carried OWB.
    I'm considering a vest for moderate to warm temperatures myself. I was going to buy a light weight L.L.Bean vest, but the one I liked was discontinued.
    The Pistol Pete vest looks to be too short if you carry on your hip. Those with internal pistol pockets don't work well with anything but the lightest weight handguns, otherwise the weight of the gun pulls the garment out of shape. So try before you buy!
    Not the knock that type of vest all the way. I'm purchasing a Ruger LCP just for a vest or similar garment wear. That little pistol fits quite well in the Filson vest I wrote about, and doesn't pull it down. I tried the "fit" when I ordered my LCP.

I do suggest Lothar tries a vest or other garment in person rather then buying online though.

(Allegheny County)

I think the only people who think vests and fanny packs scream gun are gun people. I have seen people with both and I knew they were carrying. The general population had no clue.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I think the only people who think vests and fanny packs scream gun are gun people. I have seen people with both and I knew they were carrying. The general population had no clue.
    I think you are right. I like the Sigarms vest Cathy bought me for Father's Day last year, and I like Hawaiian shirts. Both scream "gun" to cops and gun people, but I don't much care if they know if I'm carrying. I just like to keep the general public wondering.

Of course, here vests, or plaid farmer shirts worn out and unbuttoned over a t-shirt are worn by everybody. So either every body has a gun (lots do) or it's just corn field stylish.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Franklin County)

Thanks for the replies . I pretty much only wear my vest when i ride. I didn't think about if i would wear it with a IWB holster that it wouldn't cover. I seen one at a gun show a bit back but didn't have a chance to try it on. the Harrisburg show is in a few weeks , i might be able to try one on there

I was also thinking about a shoulder holster so i could wear it with a vest , jacket or whatever

(Delaware County)

I wear a vest as I ride like you do. I want you to look at an american made leather vest before making your purchase. Please look at the Fox Creek Leather comapny in West Virginia.
    http://www.foxcreekleather.com

You might find some extras in these. Life time warranty and all vests have a gun pocket in them. They make custom sizes if you need it. I have 2 of them, and a jacket and chaps from them and they are #1 in my book!!

Good luck and ride safe!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post

Add to that a chained wallet, Biker Belt buckle and Harley T shirt and it truly only screams biker.
    If they all look brand new, then it screams RUB(Rich Urban Biker)
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Franklin County)

thanks for the link http://www.foxcreekleather.com has some real nice stuff . Site says there right off the blue ridge parkway , might be a nice road trip :-) when the weather stays nice

(Bedford County)

Here's a link to what you're looking for , I'm checking for one to .
    Scroll down , on the lower left .

http://www.barneysleather.com/store/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"