Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Protectmyliberties.com

My company is working with SCOPE in New York to overturn the SAFE Act. Part of our campaign is a web site, http://protectmyliberties.com . The goal is to take the case to not just gun owners but also to everyone concerned about their civil liberties.

I would appreciate any feedback you can provide on the site and / or videos.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Protectmyliberties.com

Looks very good! Does a good job of pointing out the deficiencies of the Safe Act. If anything at all, be a little bit clearer on how this loss ties to the loss of other civil rights.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Looks very good! Does a good job of pointing out the deficiencies of the Safe Act. If anything at all, be a little bit clearer on how this loss ties to the loss of other civil rights.
    Thanks - really appreciate the feedback.

(Dauphin County)

Nice site. I would add a little background music. Something subdued that can continue to play while video clips are being played. Nothing patriotic or distracting from the message. Other than that it looks pretty well focused.

If there's anyplace in the world you should have the right to carry a gun, it would have to be New York.

(Delaware County)

I liked the site. Had a patriotic feel to it.

Only thing you might want to consider is an answer/question section which asks the important questions why the safe act is not good for NY/America. In proposing a question to the site visitors, it allows you to answer the question with a perspective that others might not have looked at. I find its important to not only educate your visitors, but to also correct their misconceptions about what the Second is all about and the loss of Civil Liberties.

Guiding your visitors will ultimately help them see your point of view......

Looks good.

(York County)

Great thoughts and thanks!

I am making a conscious effort to steer my business towards assisting causes I care about. It helps if you feel what you do for a living can make a difference, if only in a small way.

Feel free to post more suggestions / comments!

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by John222 View Post
    Nice site. I would add a little background music.
    1996 called. Wants his background music back
    Je suis déplorable

(York County)

It looks nice and has a decent amount of good info. On a portable device the top 1/3 or 1/2 of the page doesn't have a whole lot to draw you in though: the good meat is only after the large flag, the 'register to vote', 'about us', and the 'support' button. Usually when I scroll down & see 'support' I figure I'm at the bottom and quit. Not sure if others are like me, but you may have some browsers passing by all the good stuff and not sticking around!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

What I like is that the site is oriented toward individuals protecting their own liberties. It tells them to register to vote, and sends them on their way to do so. It has "take action" buttons everywhere that send you to a pre-written letter that can go to your congresscritter or other elected official.

So many people think they are protecting their liberty by joining a big organization, or sending money to some campaign, but the best way to protect your liberties is to do it yourself, personally. This site seems oriented that way, and I like it for that reason.
    Sic semper tyrannis

I agree with JHaydeno that the support separator appears to be the page bottom and will cause some visitors to leave without seeing the videos.

I actually like that there is no music in the videos.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast