Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Out shopping today...

So a buddy of mine is buying an AR tomorrow but wanted me to take him shopping first today...I was short on time so I took him to Trop's, and remembering a thread I read on here about people there complaining about OC I had to go in OC'ing, we met a salesman at the pistol/Evil Black Rifle counter who had a 1911 and 4 extra mags on his belt, the guy was awsome, my buddy told him he is not buying tonight (check didn't clear yet) but the guy said no problem and still helped us with a smile. We looked at all the AR's and about 10 pistols and then he tried to help me find a Serpa holster for my H&K P2000SK (no luck as usual) then on to surefire flashlights and EOTech sights and then just some shootin the shit...truly my best experiance there and anywhere until 5 minutes after we left...We found an "outdoor" store right on the other side of 283 that did not have as big of a selection (can't remember the name of the store) but we walked straight back to the gun counter and some guy looks at me and rings a bell...I though "oh shit" what now, then like 4 guys come over and give me a thumbs up and good jobs on OC'ing, (kinda embarassing) but anyway the guy who rung the bell asks if I would mind showing him my gun, so I figure why the hell not, I drop the mag clear the chamber and hand it to him... He was impressed with the very light triggger, but through our 45 min stay various guys would come over and chat with us about various things from pistols to rifles to shot guns and even crossbows. I am really happy I found this place, the prices are ok but the company is incredible!! Oh but no holster for my baby (guess i'm stuck with the old one for a little longer)
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Chester County)

Default Re: Out shopping today...

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJazz26 View Post
    So a buddy of mine is buying an AR tomorrow but wanted me to take him shopping first today...I was short on time so I took him to Trop's, and remembering a thread I read on here about people there complaining about OC I had to go in OC'ing, we met a salesman at the pistol/Evil Black Rifle counter who had a 1911 and 4 extra mags on his belt, the guy was awsome, my buddy told him he is not buying tonight (check didn't clear yet) but the guy said no problem and still helped us with a smile. We looked at all the AR's and about 10 pistols and then he tried to help me find a Serpa holster for my H&K P2000SK (no luck as usual) then on to surefire flashlights and EOTech sights and then just some shootin the shit...truly my best experiance there and anywhere until 5 minutes after we left...We found an "outdoor" store right on the other side of 283 that did not have as big of a selection (can't remember the name of the store) but we walked straight back to the gun counter and some guy looks at me and rings a bell...I though "oh shit" what now, then like 4 guys come over and give me a thumbs up and good jobs on OC'ing, (kinda embarassing) but anyway the guy who rung the bell asks if I would mind showing him my gun, so I figure why the hell not, I drop the mag clear the chamber and hand it to him... He was impressed with the very light triggger, but through our 45 min stay various guys would come over and chat with us about various things from pistols to rifles to shot guns and even crossbows. I am really happy I found this place, the prices are ok but the company is incredible!! Oh but no holster for my baby (guess i'm stuck with the old one for a little longer)
    Sounds like you went into Kinsey's Outdoors, yes they are good people there. Selection is thin now ever since the got robbed. They lost about 30 handguns. So they keep their stocks low.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Sounds like you went into Kinsey's Outdoors, yes they are good people there. Selection is thin now ever since the got robbed. They lost about 30 handguns. So they keep their stocks low.
    Yes Kinsy's thats it...I didn't know they were robbed, but then again I didn't even know they existed. But yes very nice people, I will absolutly be happy to give them some business.
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJazz26 View Post
    Yes Kinsy's thats it...I didn't know they were robbed, but then again I didn't even know they existed. But yes very nice people, I will absolutly be happy to give them some business.
    Yeah all but clean out of handguns, it was like 5-6 years ago.

(Lancaster County)

I never even knew Kinsey's was robbed. Then again 6 years ago I was only 18.

(Chester County)

Well I guess if you want to be technical they where burglarized, they broke in at night and ripped them off. If they don't want to admit it I know for a fact it happened. I saw the police tape and the broken cases the next morning. I asked a trusted employee what happened and he told me they where broken into. He said they took the semi auto rifles and they took the semi auto handguns and a few high end wheel guns. I still to this day believe it was an inside job (current employee), or an disgruntled ex employee.