Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: It finally comes to an end - "Offer of Judgment" reached with Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    The title is correct. Click through the link Mark put in his first post and you'll find a link to "Fiorino Acceptance of Offer of Judgment 3-8-12". This is an acceptance of a Rule 68 Offer of Judgment.
    Nice to see the filing itself, thanks. I don't see a finding of fact although I see a mention of judgment in favor of Plaintiff for all claims. How is this going to be used as precedence, if it could be at all, against UNKNOWN NUMBER OF JOHN AND JANE DOES, however?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: It finally comes to an end - "Offer of Judgment" reached with Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    Nice to see the filing itself, thanks. I don't see a finding of fact although I see a mention of judgment in favor of Plaintiff for all claims. How is this going to be used as precedence, if it could be at all, against UNKNOWN NUMBER OF JOHN AND JANE DOES, however?
    No idea. I'm just a simple country nonlawyer. Although I don't have holes in the soles of my shoes.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Thumbs up Re: It finally comes to an end - "Offer of Judgment" reached with Philadelphia

Mark,
    A bit late I'm sure, but congrats and kudos to you sir on doing what many of us haven't the wherewithal to do. I'm disappointed that the NRA didn't find this a worthy cause to jump into and help, but I've seen too many times where they are too self serving to help in the "little" cases. As I am posting this after a bit of time has elapsed since your case has ended, I am wondering how has the City Of Philadelphia implemented the changes that they said they would, or have they done as some have feared and gone back to the "Old School" ways of business as usual? Again, Congrats for going as far as you did during this episode.

without reading 23 pages, did the City pay the legal costs?

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: It finally comes to an end - "Offer of Judgment" reached with Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit54 View Post
    I am wondering how has the City Of Philadelphia implemented the changes that they said they would, or have they done as some have feared and gone back to the "Old School" ways of business as usual? Again, Congrats for going as far as you did during this episode.
    Here's an example of what they've implemented.

Going well, for them, it seems...

You beat me to it.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    You beat me to it.
    Be thankful it was Mirlen. Had it been PPD, they might have beaten you!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    To have been a part of such a change is, well, humbling to say the very least.
    Not that's what I call "Change we can truly believe in." You can keep the other change.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirlen View Post
    Here's an example of what they've implemented.

Going well, for them, it seems...
    Everyone seems to think that because it's not perfect, that nothing is different. Things like this take some time, and it may never be exactly the way it should be.

I just wish there was more to that particular example - a recording or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Everyone seems to think that because it's not perfect, that nothing is different. Things like this take some time, and it may never be exactly the way it should be.

I just wish there was more to that particular example - a recording or something.
    When you start to clean up a sewer, it's still going to be a sewer for a long time. We can either focus on the improvements, or on the fact that it's a sewer.

Nobody in his right mind would expect to reverse centuries of corruption with one case. You accomplished a lot more than those who didn't try.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast