Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: S&W 65-1 4inch

(Clinton County)

Default S&W 65-1 4inch

I have one in like new condition with the box but not manual, what do you think it's worth?
    I inherited it from an old partner I used to work with cause I used to shoot about 3 trc courses a week but no longer care much about handguns except for ccw.

If I sold it I would buy a cheap .308 bolt.

Default Re: S&W 65-1 4inch

CDNN had Model 65s 4" for $279.99 for Good to Very Good Condition
    $299.99 Very Good to Excellent.
    That was the late 2007 catalog.

The 2008 catalog has Model 65s listed, but "call" for price.

Nice .357.

Rick

(Centre County)

I paid $275 for my police trade in about year ago.
    It belonged to local deputy(was his back up gun), and was well used, but in great condition(other then scuff from holster).

Great gun. Instead of selling it, I strongly suggest go shoot the hell out of it. You'll love the balance and accuracy of good model 65...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Philadelphia County)

M65's and M13's are very under-appreciated in my opinion. Always seem to take a back seat to the 66/19. I admit I prefer the shrouded ejector rod on the latter models but personally I think the adjustable sites are over-rated. Od course nothing at all wrong with the 19/66, I just think the 65/13 are just as good.
    I'd also recommend keeping it. A solid 4" .357 is a great "general duty" gun. Good for just about any task from plinking to appropriate small game and of course self defense.
    Be Safe,
    Jim

(Clinton County)

For 18 years my service revolver was a 4 inch m-10 which is virtually the same gun with a shorter cylender, I used to go out to gravel pits and shoot at 5 gallon buckets at 100yds with it and hit 7 or 8 out of ten shots, even did pretty good, about 50% on 55gal drums at 150yds. At that time I shot at last 3 of the old tacticalrevolver courses every week, when I retired my firearms qualification average for 25 years was 98.something, so you know I appriciate fixed sight medium frame revolvers.