Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So, what's next?

The unthinkable has happened. We now have in office a President with what looks to be a radical agenda that includes cleaning our firearms owning clocks within whatever limits are created by the Heller decision. And let's face it; even if it is the "law of the land," as Holder termed it, it only would take a few fresh faces on SCOTUS and a fresh challenge to sink Heller.

We can type about our rage until the silkscreened letters come off of our keys, or we can come up with tactics to forestall the imposition of a second Assault Weapons Ban, or, even worse, the convocation of a Constitutional Convention to write the Bill of Rights and 2A out of existence. What we've seen is only the beginning. But venting our spleens here only goes so far.

I'm not looking for short-sighted, genetically impaired Floyd C. Turbo responses here. As was said elsewhere, they have their place, and here ain't it.

So, what's next? What do we do to limit Obama's ability to negatively affect our lives over the next four years, and what do we do in the process of national elections in 2012 to see that he is replaced by someone more constitutionally correct?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: So, what's next?

I'm just gonna hope for change and believe in hope, and change my beliefs by hoping that change can believe. Everything else will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I'm just gonna hope for change and believe in hope, and change my beliefs by hoping that change can believe. Everything else will take care of itself.
    H.E., please, I hope you never change, unless, of course, it's your drawers, which you really should.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    H.E., please, I hope you never change, unless, of course, it's your drawers, which you really should.
    If it's change, then it's good! Unless it's the change that you get when you break a dollar bill...then that's not good. So I'll change my drawers because that kind of change is good. We all gotta believe in this change, because without that we have no hope in our future, and without hope in our future, how can we believe in change?!

What the hell did I just say?

Maybe I'll buy me some Obamawear - I hear they have thongs with his face on 'em. But, hey, I don't wear thongs...don't get your hopes up.

What's next? We hope he doesn't do anything to spark a civil war in the next two years, or at least that Congress won't let him do so, and we immediately start working for a better result in 2010.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    Maybe I'll buy me some Obamawear - I hear they have thongs with his face on 'em. But, hey, I don't wear thongs...don't get your hopes up.
    Trust in the fact that you in thongs, Obamarrific or otherwise, isn't getting anything up, least of all hope. Entirely, absolutely, and completely the opposite, thank you.

(Lehigh County)

Dogs and Cats living together.. MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    More like the lions lying down with the lambs and bringing their own BBQ sauce ...

(Westmoreland County)

I already mentioned this in a thread leading up to the election.

".... all politics is local". -- Dem. Speaker of the House Tip O'neal.

The only way they will have forgotten the ramifications of the first AWB (losing control of the House) is if we let them forget.

Write your Congressional Representative ASAP and let him know in no uncertain terms, that if he doesn't oppose any and all anti-gun legislation, that not only will you contribute money to his opponent's campaign, you will actively participate in removing him from office. Even if his opponent is more anti-gun than he is.

IOW, he has two choices. Vote against anti-gun legislation or start sending out his resumé NOW and prepare to find a real job.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Thats funny i just said that yesterday. On a more serious note though, i really do think this is mass hysteria. Putting all of his bad idead aside, i oddly feel like this is some sort of joke and i am just waiting for someone to jump out and yell SURPRISE!!! I mean, ever since the beginning all of the political analysts said he would never stand a chance because of thing he was saying and doing. Well now he's here, and keeps postponing the punchline. He is making all of these wacky decisions and people are following him around like puppies. Is there something everyone else got that i didnt? Did he succeed to put them all in a trance except me? They follow him like he is the second coming of Jesus (far from it). Flocking to his presence and swooning in his power. I saw movie stars act like school girls when talking about/to him. I don't get it, but you have to admit, if anything crazy happens, there will be rioting in the streets and that is one thing we have to be prepared for. Better safe then sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast