Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig SP2022

(Lehigh County)

Default Sig SP2022

I am thinking about a Sig 2022

any comments or experience ?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sig SP2022

I have one currently, probably the most underrated pistol out there. Very nice trigger pull, 100% reliability, and normally can be had at a nice price ($469 to $599 pending). Most tend to come with 3 mags and night sights standard from what I can tell. The version I own is the French police contract version, loaded chamber indicator, etc. There are older versions without the indicator out there as well. They are also discontinued for the U.S. market as of this year I believe. Parts supply shouldn't be a problem though. Holsters can be tricky but alot of rigs for an XD service model will work with the SP2022. It is a little thick but still conceals well enough with the right cover. I have right around 800rnds through mine without fail, reasonably accurate when I do my part too. Hope this helps!

(Allegheny County)

I actually have the predecessor, the SP2009. I love this weapon. I carry it in a Fobus without any issues. I'll bet I've taken it to different gun shops over a dozen times to trade it in for something along the lines of an XD or Glock and never even took it in - can't bear to part with it!

(Allegheny County)

my neighbor owns one, I only shot it a few times and don't particulary like it, I'd rather have a 229, try to shoot one before you buy one.

I've got one in .40 S&W. It is very accurate for me, and fun to shoot. It was my main carry until the P220 came along. Blackhawk makes a Serpa that will fit it, but you will have trouble finding one unless you buy direct from Blackhawk themselves, which means a little bit of a premium on the price. It is a fairly large pistol, so if you do not have big hands, you probably won't like it. If you do have big hands, there is a very good chance you will love it.

(Luzerne County)

If you want one, Get it soon as Sig will not be producing them for sale in the States any longer.
    - Big D
    I am looking for SIG ST Series pistols. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell.