Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default SBR found rusted in a stream outside State College

Quote Originally Posted by CDTonline

Police call rifle ‘suspicious’

State College police are calling the rusty rifle found by an 8-year-old in Harris Township on Sunday “suspicious.”
    State College police Capt. Dana Leonard said the barrel of the .32-caliber Marlin 3365 was sawed off and shortened and the stock was altered to be more like a pistol grip.
    Altering a rifle like that is illegal in Pennsylvania, Leonard said. He said the serial number was also obliterated — although it’s not known if that was intentional or a result of weather and rusting — and the weapon was found hidden under a rock in a stream.
    “So, it’s our investigative theory that this rifle, the way it was found and was altered, there had been some criminal intent somewhere along the life of this rifle,” Leonard said. “We’re trying to trace where it came from and why it was there.”
    An 8-year-old boy playing in a stream discovered the unloaded, modified rifle near the 800 block of Ashwood Lane in Harris Township.
    — Sara Ganim

http://www.centredaily.com/news/loca...ents_Container

Yep, looks like a lever gun chopped down and right next to a wonderful housing development with ton of contributing members of society

I hypothesis that there was no Form 1 done on this and is contraband but who knows. I would be interested in hearing it's story though.

Wasn't there a manufacturer that made a lever pistol back in the day or were they all Title II firearms?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: SBR found rusted in a stream outside State College

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post

Yep, looks like a lever gun chopped down and right next to a wonderful housing development with ton of contributing members of society

I hypothesis that there was no Form 1 done on this and is contraband but who knows. I would be interested in hearing it's story though.

Wasn't there a manufacturer that made a lever pistol back in the day or were they all Title II firearms?
    There were a few leverpistols made. The first being the Volcanic. WildWestGuns was making one from virginal Marlin 1895 Guideguns, and SBS's from Guideguns as well. Legacy Sports is making a leverpistol too presently.

I'm sure there were others made throughout history as pistols. However that Marlin pictured is an SBS, mostly unlawfully made.

*Yawn*

Wonder how much panty-wetting this will induce amongst the Anti's, or when it'll be referred to as a 'high powered, death-spewing gun'?

Meanwhile, seems like some local crack dealer wanted to be like Steve McQueen in WANTED : DEAD OR ALIVE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare's_Leg

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    If ONLY state college would have adopted mandatory reporting of lost and stolen firearms law.

The criminal would have "dutifully" reported to the police this illegally modified SBR firearm that was lost in the stream bottom.

No doubt, I have been lobbying our city council to enact the ordinance for months now, but they keep countering with arguments that this is only a feel-good ordinance that can still easily be circumvented by the real criminals and will likely only punish law abiding citizens...

[/sarcasm]

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Wonder how much panty-wetting this will induce amongst the Anti's, or when it'll be referred to as a 'high powered, death-spewing gun'?
    Well, it IS black after all. I know myself, I jumped back a little in my chair when I saw the picture--it startled me.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Chester County)

Thankfully, this evil rifle was captured before it surfaced, swam to shore, and ran into a mall and started attacking innocents.
    Steve762

(Centre County)

I think we need to adopt a new ordinance requiring PFDs for all firearms. We cannot tolerate submarine guns!

(Union County)

Thumbs up Re: SBR found rusted in a stream outside State College

Quote Originally Posted by steve762 View Post
    Thankfully, this evil rifle was captured before it surfaced, swam to shore, and ran into a mall and started attacking innocents.
    lol! you made my day w/ this one...I thank you kindly!

'course tho it COULDN'T possibly do that...firing pin is probably rusted fast to the bolt by the looks of the rest of it
    Last edited by MaxPower; July 9th, 2009 at 04:43 PM.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    Well, it IS black after all. I know myself, I jumped back a little in my chair when I saw the picture--it startled me.

camper

The cut down stock and foregrip are really a dark wood but the black and white picture make it impossible to denote that. I am however familiar with sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Monroe County)

Because it were found near negroes doesnt mean it belongs to them, this sounds like a typical mafia hit piece to me , the mafiosi have been known to dump thier weapons and sometimes thier bodies near negro residential areas for various reasons.

We should not to allow our racial stereotypes to get the better of us, we should sometimes look past that to uncover the facts.

Nyman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast