Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default What New Gun Laws will Pass Congress?

While I would certainly prefer no new gun laws, what do you think might be passed?

I don't think the anti's in Congress will have it as easy as some think. The House will make it tough for anything to get out of committee.

The only things that I can realistically see finding a way through both chambers are magazine limits, more stringent background checks, and banning private party sales ("gun show loophole" garbage). I believe these three are the easiest items being discussed to sell to the average citizen.

Will be interesting to see if another AWB gets any real traction. I think if they renew the old AWB with its "loopholes" it's 50/50. I think a more stringent AWB will be tough.

Licensing/registration is dead in the water and it ill be interesting to see how they handle mental health. I think they will try to get something in there that firearms purchasers need to pass a mental health check, but I see that as going nowhere - but that might be where there is a big fight on the floor if it gets out of committee.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: What New Gun Laws will Pass Congress?

None of it will pass. Not even mag limits. Feinstein has been at this shit for years. She reintroduces that same dreaded bill we all keep seeing every year, and its DOA before it reaches the House every time. People are already fed up with the laws we have, not going to be any more.

The trend over the past few years has been actual strengthening of gun rights, not restricting them. The tragic events that unfold from time to time get everybody's undies in a wad for a little while until it blows over and everyone forgets and goes back to their normal lives.

As they say, time heals everything. And this time next year, all these suckers who are buying used low end AR's for $2,000 plus are going to be kicking themselves in the ass when they can go get them brand new for less than half that.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by 10PointHunter View Post
    None of it will pass. Not even mag limits. Feinstein has been at this shit for years. She reintroduces that same dreaded bill we all keep seeing every year, and its DOA before it reaches the House every time. People are already fed up with the laws we have, not going to be any more.

The trend over the past few years has been actual strengthening of gun rights, not restricting them. The tragic events that unfold from time to time get everybody's undies in a wad for a little while until it blows over and everyone forgets and goes back to their normal lives.

As they say, time heals everything. And this time next year, all these suckers who are buying used low end AR's for $2,000 plus are going to be kicking themselves in the ass when they can go get them brand new for less than half that.
    If sales are any indication, please love their guns, contrary to what the MSM feeds the sheep. Gun owners have given up far too much already.

We should not give even an inch.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 46and2 View Post
    Take notice of HR 133 and HR 35. removing 'gun free zones.' Again, two laws that would actually strengthen the rights of gun owners, most likely allowing those with carry licenses to carry in schools.

(Philadelphia County)

None of it will pass.
    Hope you are right!

My concern is pro-gun members of Congress will feel the need to do something.

A Gallop poll right after Newtown had opposition to a new AWB at 51-44%, which is good, but 62% of those polled supported banning hi-caps (74% opposed banning handguns, which is great)

Makes no sense to me to ban hi-caps as you can reload taped 10 round mags very quickly on an AR, but I think there will be pressure to "do something", which is stupid, but there will be political pressure.

Hope you are right, though.

(Washington County)

No new gun control will pass congress, because I will not allow it. I will make it my goal to vote out any unconstitutional bastard who dares to further infringe on the second amendment and I will be damn sure they are all well aware of this fact. I encourage you to do the same. Protect our children. Protect our country. Protect our future and our selves. Protect our guns.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103 View Post
    Hope you are right!

My concern is pro-gun members of Congress will feel the need to do something.

A Gallop poll right after Newtown had opposition to a new AWB at 51-44%, which is good, but 62% of those polled supported banning hi-caps (74% opposed banning handguns, which is great)

Makes no sense to me to ban hi-caps as you can reload taped 10 round mags very quickly on an AR, but I think there will be pressure to "do something", which is stupid, but there will be political pressure.

Hope you are right, though.
    Any Congress member who votes on gun control would lose their seat next term, at least most of them, and they surely don't want that.

That's what happened in '94

I wouldn't worry

Any Congress member who votes on gun control would lose their seat next term, at least most of them, and they surely don't want that.

That's what happened in '94

I wouldn't worry
    Admittedly, this isn't 94. This nation re-elected a communist.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Take notice of HR 133 and HR 35. removing 'gun free zones.' Again, two laws that would actually strengthen the rights of gun owners, most likely allowing those with carry licenses to carry in schools.
    Also take notice to "Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence" proposed by Mayors Against Illegal Guns....... which has a 92% SUPPORT ratio by the way. Here's what it entails:

"Washington needs to pass gun laws that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and other prohibited purchasers and keep military-style weapons and high-capacity magazines off of our streets. To do this, they should pass laws that will:

1. Require criminal background checks for ALL gun sales, including private sales.
    2. Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
    3. Make gun trafficking a federal crime. " (https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101)

Don't be naive enough to believe that "nothing" will pass.
    Last edited by MagRelease; January 8th, 2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added quotations and hyperlink

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast