Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default First real OC experience for me tonight

Short and sweet. Went to sheetz for a pack of smokes. No one even noticed. Then went to the food shop for wings for my wife. Heard someone in the back say , "Is it leagal for him to carry that gun" Another person said "i dont know" Was not 100% sure thats what i heard or i would have informed. Its a start for me. Im excited that i finally see that people dont freak out over the sight of my side arm. Probably wont post about it agian until something happens worth posting.. Just happy im working on it!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: First real OC experience for me tonight

Cool, sounds like a good experience.

what type of pistol did you end up buying, or you have a .40? I didn't quite understand from your post on pistols a few days ago.

-Alex

(Lackawanna County)

Congrats on your first open carry, and a great time too. If it was like mine, there was the feeling of being very conspicuous, a mild rush, and gratification that no one noticed.
    Hope you feel confident to openly carry more. Glad to have you with us.
    Rep+
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(York County)

The more you do it, the more comfortable you become with it, and hopefully the more 'others' will become with it.

I have yet to have a negative encounter. Many have stopped to question me about it, almost seemingly for informational purposes. As we speak they begin to grin more and more. I have frequently been offered a hand to shake.

I give out flyers weekly, at least, and have had numerous conversations with folks who have been "thinking about it".

Thanks for posting this. I've repped you too much recently, so I owe you one!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Cambria County)

I bought an XD 40, two tone , nice gun , ill post pics on my profile or something when i find my camera. Quick add to my last nights carry experience. For the most part , it was cool , but for some reason when i got to the counter , handed the lady my money, i could feel my heart beat in my fingers and toes. Had to make sure i didnt get jittery or anything cause someone might really think i was going to blow the place apart. Thanks for all your support every one

(Northampton County)

Congrats! You'll find that the vast majority of people just don't notice, and the majority of those who do will think of it either positively or neutrally.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

I have yet to have a negative encounter. Many have stopped to question me about it, almost seemingly for informational purposes. As we speak they begin to grin more and more. I have frequently been offered a hand to shake.

I give out flyers weekly, at least, and have had numerous conversations with folks who have been "thinking about it".
    Boy are you lucky. Ive had only three, two by people who CC and didnt know open carry was legal, one was quite... Belligerent would be a good word to describe it. He called me a good for nothing show off punk as a matter of fact.
    The third was a gas station girl who made a face, then later made a pass at me stating it was "hot". She was only 17 though dammit why does it have to be a baby that goes after me? Rather embarassing...
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!