Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Reloaders around Pittsburgh?

I'm debating getting into reloading and would love to see it first hand before diving in.

Are there any reloaders in Pittsburgh that can show me the ropes and help me decide?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Reloaders around Pittsburgh?

Just my opinion, but not many will invite a stranger into there homes, you have 4 post, I am not making accusations or accusing you of anything, but you may want to hang around the form a while, let guys get to know you.
    If me I would pick up a reloading Manual, you can get a used one real cheap, if you do start reloading you will need it anyway, read it get the basics down, ask a lot of questions here, And in a month or so, you ask the same question, there are a bunch of reloaders in your area that will take you up on this. Good luck and hope you get a lot out of the form.

(Washington County)

I agree with hornady on that. A reloading manual is the best source. If you want to see some reloading check out a youtube video, but always get your load data from a reliable reloading source.

(Allegheny County)

I just started reloading, with pistol this past winter. Very easy other than figuring out how to setup and adjust your particular press and dies, which will vary. I check about every ten rounds for overall case length and powder charge, and have only had two rounds out of a 1,000 loaded that were bad. Both of those were my fault as I got sloppy and the primer wasn't fully seated, to the point where the rounds wobbled when put on end. I am not mechanically inclined, so if I can figure it out with some advice and manuals, anybody can.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by WereWolf View Post
    I'm debating getting into reloading and would love to see it first hand before diving in.

Are there any reloaders in Pittsburgh that can show me the ropes and help me decide?
    Quote Originally Posted by M&P Chris View Post
    I agree with hornady on that. A reloading manual is the best source. If you want to see some reloading check out a youtube video, but always get your load data from a reliable reloading source.
    Youtube is great advice. I've spent hours on youtube just looking at other reloaders' setups and watching people make ammo (yes, I know, exciting times!). I found it to be an invaluable resource when I was deciding on which progressive press to get. You can really get a feel for it just by watching a bunch of videos. It is, of course, no substitute for hands on, but helpful nonetheless. A load manual is a must. Read the first section (the how-to reload portion) of the manual from start to finish. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

(Westmoreland County)

True. I mean....just look at your personal BIO. Your 26 years old. You list "Allegheny County" as your residence. You don't say if you belong to a gun club (which I would recommend as a first choice of seeking help).

Your like an invitation to say "Come over and case my house so you can steal all of my guns....and what ever else is to your liking."

Not trying to bust your chops.....but look at it from the other side objectively.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    True. I mean....just look at your personal BIO. Your 26 years old. You list "Allegheny County" as your residence. You don't say if you belong to a gun club (which I would recommend as a first choice of seeking help).

Your like an invitation to say "Come over and case my house so you can steal all of my guns....and what ever else is to your liking."

Not trying to bust your chops.....but look at it from the other side objectively.
    Wow dude, I get it. Just like you're some random from Westmoreland County. What gun club are you in? Oh, right, doesn't say.

One "No one is gonna trust the random guy on the internet" is enough. I got the point the first time.

(Beaver County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...hoot-42-a.html

Go to a group shoot. Make friends with some of the regulars. I know a few of them reload. You can probably pick up some tips.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by WereWolf View Post
    Wow dude, I get it. Just like you're some random from Westmoreland County. What gun club are you in? Oh, right, doesn't say.

One "No one is gonna trust the random guy on the internet" is enough. I got the point the first time.
    Easy hombre. Maybe he mentioned it a second time because you never replied to it after the first time. Maybe he's mentioning it again to remind others not to let strangers into their houses. Don't let it get under your skin man.

Anywho, did you find someone to let you watch them reload? Did you just dive into it? Decide not? Let us know.

(Beaver County)

Negative. Working on finishing up summer classes and joining PMSC before I jump in and decide how much I'll really be shooting and therefore whether reloading will be necessary.

Apologies for coming off a bit defensive. While hornady made an excellent post about a situation I hadn't thought of, I really thought the one to which I replied was a bit inflammatory and took offense.

Plus am I the only one that only a couple and utter fool would try to rob someone who is not only well armed, but well trained? Seems like a terribly large risk to take just to steal guns when there must be easier ways. Which is likely why I didn't think of it before my first post.

Cheers,

-M
    Last edited by WereWolf; July 22nd, 2010 at 11:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast