Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Question about Cabela's website for ammo.

So I have a question, I've emailed Cabela's but never got a reply. So I thought I'd ask here.

I'd like to buy some ammo from them, but it says 4-5weeks. Now, does that mean it will ship in 4-5weeks, or is that just when they get it in stock, and it goes to whoever ordered first...so the wait could be way longer?

Anyone know?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Question about Cabela's website for ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    So I have a question, I've emailed Cabela's but never got a reply. So I thought I'd ask here.

I'd like to buy some ammo from them, but it says 4-5weeks. Now, does that mean it will ship in 4-5weeks, or is that just when they get it in stock, and it goes to whoever ordered first...so the wait could be way longer?

Anyone know?
    If you like the ammo and the deal, buy it and get in line.

When they get it, it will ship. There is not a lot of instant gratification with ammo purchases at the moment. Then one day, after you have forgotten about it, it will magically appear and make your day!

I had 12 ga ammo ordered from Cabellas and it took longer than they said but I have it now. What can you do? Ammo sales are completely messed up at the moment but I hope it is getting better.

I had stuff that I ordered in October show up a few weeks ago. I had given up on that source and ordered 308 mags from two other places. Now they have all come in and I am set for life with DPMS 308 mags.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by smitty56 View Post
    If you like the ammo and the deal, buy it and get in line.

When they get it, it will ship. There is not a lot of instant gratification with ammo purchases at the moment. Then one day, after you have forgotten about it, it will magically appear and make your day!

I had 12 ga ammo ordered from Cabellas and it took longer than they said but I have it now. What can you do? Ammo sales are completely messed up at the moment but I hope it is getting better.

I had stuff that I ordered in October show up a few weeks ago. I had given up on that source and ordered 308 mags from two other places. Now they have all come in and I am set for life with DPMS 308 mags.
    Stuff from October that showed up recently? Damn

I am going to go to one other store today, I'll find out what they have. If nothing, I'll just order it online from Cabela's and wait. I was at one store today they had a few boxes of FMJ's I was going to get, but the one guy ahead of me grabbed them. Blah. I just want a mix of HP's and FMJ's.

(Westmoreland County)

Likely it will go longer than the 4-5 weeks posted. They will honor the ordered price which is a good thing ... no additional price increases to worry about.

(Bucks County)

I placed an order about 6 weeks ago with them. Said the back order was 2-3 weeks. Still waiting on it with an ETA of Mid-July. I've had to dip into my "stash" recently (which really isn't much of a stash - 1k rounds each of AE in 9mm and .45 ACP)...

(Berks County)

What ammo are you looking for? There are gun shops reasonably close to Ephrata with a lot of ammo in stock . . .

(Fayette County)

I ordered 600 rounds of 9mm a little over a week ago. It said 4-5 weeks when i ordered it, but now it says that it's in-stock and pending.

(Berks County)

ordered 8 boxes of .380 Winchester FMJ back in march. Just received notification that it shipped on July 2nd. It's like Xmas in july.