Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default AR troubles...:confused:

On Oct 5 i ordered my first AR kit from Rock River Arms. Its the RRA CAR M4 complete rifle kit. Already purchased my RRA lower at the Philly gun show. Since recent political changes and the surge of firearm sales i decided to check the status of my order. Typical orders take 10-12 weeks i believe. I recieved this horrible news yesterday...

"Due to the high demand we are experiencing a significant delay from
    suppliers (barrels, etc.) and are quoting 12-16 weeks for delivery. We
    apologize for the inconvenience this has caused."

so...
    What should i do? Wait it out , go purchase another Kit from a company like Del-ton, buy a complete Ar etc. I already have mags, 1000 rounds of .223 and i dont think i can wait any longer.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR troubles...:confused:

Go to a local shop (or call first) and see if they have any in stock. The wait of 10-12 weeks could be more, could be less, who knows. The last I heard is that barrels were on backorder by over 50,000 units.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by itstock View Post
    Go to a local shop (or call first) and see if they have any in stock. The wait of 10-12 weeks could be more, could be less, who knows. The last I heard is that barrels were on backorder by over 50,000 units.

WOW! Any place in our area that sells upper kits or ARs in general for a decent price?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jimlc55 View Post
    WOW! Any place in our area that sells upper kits or ARs in general for a decent price?
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but Claytons Hunting and Fishing is about 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia. You go west on the turnpike to the willow grove exit, take 611 north, and about 3 miles on your right side is Claytons Hunting and Fishing. They have uppers, lowers, and complete AR's (plus lots of other "evil" rifles).

(Philadelphia County)

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but Claytons Hunting and Fishing is about 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia. You go west on the turnpike to the willow grove exit, take 611 north, and about 3 miles on your right side is Claytons Hunting and Fishing. They have uppers, lowers, and complete AR's (plus lots of other "evil" rifles).

HAHA I saw that right after i posted. Thanks man. I know where it is, just never been. Appreciate it.

I ordered a kit from Del-Ton about 2 weeks before the election. I ordered mid-week and got the kit the very next week. This was even when they had the black A2 stock backordered, contacted me and changed my order to green furniture....so they are quick over there - in my experience anyway.

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Philadelphia County)

Unhappy Re: AR troubles...:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    I ordered a kit from Del-Ton about 2 weeks before the election. I ordered mid-week and got the kit the very next week. This was even when they had the black A2 stock backordered, contacted me and changed my order to green furniture....so they are quick over there - in my experience anyway.
    Nice! Im gonna check out what the shops have in a 30-45 mile radius of philly then resort to online purchasing. I knew i should of picked one up at the philly gun show...

(Chester County)

Hell, my RRA I ordered in March took 3 months to come in. I wouldn't worry.

(Bucks County)

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Just a personal note here: My personal experience is that Clayton's is the wrong place to spend money. I bought from him about 15 years ago, and then found out he shorted me by one mag for the Taurus pistol I bought. I went back in and asked about it. He couldn't even be bothered to lift his fat ass of the stool and talk to me. Not one more penny from me, or anybody else if I can sway their opinion.
    The better choice is to drive another 5 miles and go see the Tanner's in Warwick. Wonderful people, great pricing, excellent attitudes and service. Really, don't waste your time with fatass clayton, he ain't worth it.
    But hey, it's your money, waste it if you want. Me, I prefer NOT to reward bad service and attitude. Bob

(Allegheny County)

I've been dealing with them for a couple years now, but never that far back. 15 years ago? Now THAT'S what I call sour grapes!!!

As to Tanners, I've also dealt with them multiple times. It's a great place to go, but for the same price and service, I stick to Claytons. If I lived closer to Tanners, it would be more convenient to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Just a personal note here: My personal experience is that Clayton's is the wrong place to spend money. I bought from him about 15 years ago, and then found out he shorted me by one mag for the Taurus pistol I bought. I went back in and asked about it. He couldn't even be bothered to lift his fat ass of the stool and talk to me. Not one more penny from me, or anybody else if I can sway their opinion.
    The better choice is to drive another 5 miles and go see the Tanner's in Warwick. Wonderful people, great pricing, excellent attitudes and service. Really, don't waste your time with fatass clayton, he ain't worth it.
    But hey, it's your money, waste it if you want. Me, I prefer NOT to reward bad service and attitude. Bob
    lol, 15 years ago? Damn.

Anyway, last time I was at Tanners (where I got my PS90), they had extremely slim pickens on AR15's and other "like" rifles, so it's not very helpful.
    Last edited by itstock; November 13th, 2008 at 11:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast