Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Movin' to Florida

Well, I'm down here now, drove down yesterday, to beat Hanna. I am staying with family while I look for a job here. We are having a new home built for about half the price of a comparable home back home in NE PA. There are lots of changes in a move, particularly to a new state. I had my PA LCTF, but, by moving here, I have to establish residency for 90 days to get a resident FL license. FL does not allow OC as an option, btw. I did keep a scraper, because NE FL does get frost over night in the winter!

(Crawford County)

Default Re: Movin' to Florida

Did you give someone a Good deal on your sno shovel ?

(Allegheny County)

You'll be back in about 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in PA View Post
    Well, I'm down here now, drove down yesterday, to beat Hanna. I am staying with family while I look for a job here. We are having a new home built for about half the price of a comparable home back home in NE PA. There are lots of changes in a move, particularly to a new state. I had my PA LCTF, but, by moving here, I have to establish residency for 90 days to get a resident FL license. FL does not allow OC as an option, btw. I did keep a scraper, because NE FL does get frost over night in the winter!
    NE Florida - wouldn't happen to be Duval County?
    Nothing in the above message constitutes Legal Advice. Material is provided for informational/entertainment or other purposes and is not intended to constitute or be relied upon as Legal Advice, nor is it tailored to any specific factual situation. This is not an offer to form an attorney-client relationship. This is not advertising, nor intended to be such. I am not a member of the Pennsylvania State Bar; and while I am an attorney, I am NOT YOUR attorney.

Snow shovel is still in the garage in PA, I doubt I'll be back other than to finish packing the house, and actually, Clay County.

I did a Google search on shooting ranges and there seems to be tons of them around here. The funny thing is most are indoors....in an area that has an average daytime high of 64* in January! Oh well, I have to find a j-o-b first.