Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default No one knows what to do

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said yesterday, is that ``no one knows what to do'' at the moment.

Our leaders are so qualified to run the government.

Bloomberg

The Democratic-controlled Congress, acknowledging that it isn't equipped to lead the way to a solution for the financial crisis and can't agree on a path to follow, is likely to just get out of the way.

Lawmakers say they are unlikely to take action before, or to delay, their planned adjournments -- Sept. 26 for the House of Representatives, a week later for the Senate. While they haven't ruled out returning after the Nov. 4 elections, they would rather wait until next year unless Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, who are leading efforts to contain the crisis, call for help.

One reason, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said yesterday, is that ``no one knows what to do'' at the moment.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: No one knows what to do

That guy is like having Barney Fife in office. Worthless as a dog turd.
    But "O" knows......more taxes !!! Hey... it's freakin' PATRIOTIC !!! Just ask 'em !

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    That guy is like having Barney Fife in office. Worthless as a dog turd.
    But "O" knows......more taxes !!! Hey... it's freakin' PATRIOTIC !!! Just ask 'em !
    The messiah will fix all, and heal all wounds!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said yesterday, is that ``no one knows what to do'' at the moment.

Our leaders are so qualified to run the government.
    You should be thinking positively, as long as they keep thinking that way things should get better. Most of the time they "do" something things get worse.

What he said /\

(Allegheny County)

They create the problem then have no idea how to fix their screw up.

(Delaware County)

So if people think they caused this problem, why do these same people want them to keep working on it?

Congress going away is probably the best thing they can do.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBlue View Post
    So if people think they caused this problem, why do these same people want them to keep working on it?

Congress going away is probably the best thing they can do.
    Because THAT is their fucking JOB! They have a responsibility to figure out what do do. Both the Dems and Repubs have had a hand in this, but now they don't want to be involved. If there is a government agency or quasi-government agency involved in finance there should be close oversight and the members of the committee overseeing those institutions should not be able to recieve a dime from said quasi-government agency.

(Chester County)

Well the SEC screwed me today. I am going to lose a ton on the market today! They are banned short sales on financials which is what most of my stock is in. They are really clueless. I have been waiting for this to happen for the last year and now I will take a beating!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by SteveXD View Post
    Well the SEC screwed me today. I am going to lose a ton on the market today! They are banned short sales on financials which is what most of my stock is in. They are really clueless. I have been waiting for this to happen for the last year and now I will take a beating!
    Well obviously you are evil for speculating that the value of those stocks will decrease. I mean come on.

This is like blaming the speculators for the cost of fuel. How unAmerican can you get? Banning short selling is no different than Russia shutting down the market to keep the market from tanking more.

Short selling can be used by our enemies to gain wealth by betting our markets will drop, but they can also gain wealth by betting our markets will improve by purchasing stocks. Should we ban that too? Maybe we can just keep all foreign trading on our markets.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast