Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Shooting in Spring Grove

Apparently there was a shooting at the Spring Forge shopping center this afternoon. Details are slim, but one was shot, a woman was struck with a pistol, and the assailant fled in a silver van. Witnesses say it looked like a robbery.

This just doesn't happen here. It was in front of a dance studio my girls attend and a grocery store we shop at. This town (Spring Grove) is like freakin' Mayberry... until today

http://www.ydr.com/ci_7428053

http://www.wgal.com/news/14561452/detail.html
    Last edited by TwistedCopper; November 10th, 2007 at 07:23 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Shooting in Spring Grove

dude thats screwed up. I drive by there almost every day for work. All the more reason to carry on the way to work.

(Lancaster County)

Yes, this crap is happening more often. Some guys playing cards were robbed at gunpoint in Hanover the other evening.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Yes, this crap is happening more often. Some guys playing cards were robbed at gunpoint in Hanover the other evening.
    Let them try me.

(York County)

Apparently the guy got in their unlocked van and waited for them to return. He shot a 17 yr old kid in the back of the head and hit the woman with the gun. I don't know if he got any money, but he took off and the only description was that it was a black male in a silver minivan, possibly a chrysler.

Man I get so pissed off when I think about this. How many times I have been in that parking lot with my kids, my wife....

ARRRRGH!!!! Freakin' degenerate.

My wife has made comment to me that she thought it silly I carry when staying in town. I bet she won't question that again.

I heard about the Hanover incident too. Damn this is why we moved here from the Baltimore area. Oh well it's still 10 times better and at least I can defend myself and my family here.

If you think it won't happen somewhere because it is a quiet town or any other reason, let this be a reminder you should ALWAYS carry.

(York County)

Yeah the first time you decide not to carry something like this will happen and you will regret it for the rest of you life. CARRY!!!

(Philadelphia County)

That's really sad.

I was walking around town in the wee hours this morning (out to grab the morning coffee) when I encountered a young woman walking in the same direction I was. I could hear her gather her keys into her hand in a defensive position (which was really smart on her part -- she didn't know me from Adam) but it made me realize . . .

What the criminals have taken from us is our sense of community. Instead of being able to wish each each other a good morning and go on our ways, most people are justifiably afraid and wary of all strangers.

That's what we need to drive home to our elected leaders. I don't want gun control, I want crime control. Get the repeat offenders off the streets for long sentences, no parole, no probation, and the gun grabbers won't even remember why they were calling for gun control.

Amen to that, and exactly why I always carry when I legally can, even if it is just a small pocket pistol. That's still a hell of a lot better than your fists in a gun fight.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Weights View Post
    Amen to that, and exactly why I always carry when I legally can, even if it is just a small pocket pistol. That's still a hell of a lot better than your fists in a gun fight.
    You got that right!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    That's really sad.

I was walking around town in the wee hours this morning (out to grab the morning coffee) when I encountered a young woman walking in the same direction I was. I could hear her gather her keys into her hand in a defensive position (which was really smart on her part -- she didn't know me from Adam) but it made me realize . . .

What the criminals have taken from us is our sense of community. Instead of being able to wish each each other a good morning and go on our ways, most people are justifiably afraid and wary of all strangers.

That's what we need to drive home to our elected leaders. I don't want gun control, I want crime control. Get the repeat offenders off the streets for long sentences, no parole, no probation, and the gun grabbers won't even remember why they were calling for gun control.

Well said and so true!

You must carry 24/7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast