Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Exclamation Obama man's anti gun stance

Fellow Sportsman,
    Hello, my name is Rich Pearson and I have been active in the firearm rights movement for over 40 years. For
    the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle
    Association.
    I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I
    know Obama’s attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in
    the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than
    Barack Obama.
    Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his voting record in the Illinois Senate paints
    a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle,
    shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes
    of gun owners and forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding
    firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also
    voted for a bill that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.
    Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. At the
    same time, Obama has proven himself to be a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama
    voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of home and family.
    Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a “friend” of the law-abiding gun owner?
    And speaking of friends, you can always tell a person by the company they keep. Obama counts among his
    friends the Rev. Michael Pfleger - a renegade Chicago priest who has openly called for the murder of gun shop
    owners and pro-gun legislators. Then there is his buddy Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago who has declared
    that if it were up to him, nobody would be allowed to own a gun. And let’s not forget Obama’s pal George
    Soros - the guy who has pumped millions of dollars into the UN’s international effort to disarm law-abiding
    citizens.
    Obama has shown that he is more than willing to use other people’s money to fund his campaign to take your
    guns away from you. While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for
    tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun
    Violence and the Violence Policy Center.
    Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a “friend” of the law-abiding gun owner?

i recieved this from my not so local gun shop. the sportsman shop in new holland , good place. here is the link.

http://http://www.thesportsmansshop...._sportsmen.pdf

(Berks County)

Default Re: Obama man's anti gun stance

What? This can't be so. He's told us how pro-Second Amendment he is. Your propaganda won't work here, Sir. This is an Obama board!

(Franklin County)

anyone have a source for the part about the forcible confiscation of banned guns?

(Chester County)

No one should at this point be surprised at BO's level of "ANTI".

Remember when your mother told you that "you will be judged by the company you keep"?

(Mercer County)

Request a link for these statements---
    Not saying I don't believe the writer, but....................

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: Obama man's anti gun stance

I'm sure he'll twist Reagan's old line about Communists, when it comes to his anti-gun policies - when it comes to gun owners, his motto will be, "DIS-trust, & villify!"

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    What? This can't be so. He's told us how pro-Second Amendment he is. Your propaganda won't work here, Sir. This is an Obama broad!
    No, this is ...

(Bucks County)

If there was any time to join the NRA...THIS IS IT!!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    No, this is ...

I despise her politics, but I'd still hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    Request a link for these statements---
    Not saying I don't believe the writer, but....................

oracle
    Here's one about Obama and the Joyce Foundation: http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obama-a...ond-amendment/

Here's one about Obama's Illinois years (don't let the URL fool you): http://www.sportsmenforobama.org/content/view/42/34/

Read pp. 100-105, especially, of this IL Senate transcript to see what Obama thinks of CC: http://www.ilga.gov/senate/transcrip...2/ST040401.pdf

In Pittsburgh, from back in April: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_560181.html
    Last edited by King 5.45; November 4th, 2008 at 12:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast