Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Fixed stock conversion

I am new to AK's and new to this site: Can anyone tell me if it is possible to convert a Bulgarian Arsenal Milled AK47 with a through the stock thumb hole to a traditional fixed wood stock? Trying to learn. I will be buying one if it is possible to convert it. Thanks in advance on any info.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Fixed stock conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    I am new to AK's and new to this site: Can anyone tell me if it is possible to convert a Bulgarian Arsenal Milled AK47 with a through the stock thumb hole to a traditional fixed wood stock? Trying to learn. I will be buying one if it is possible to convert it. Thanks in advance on any info.
    Yes, it's definitely possible. People do it all the time. I don't have a bulgy but I believe they are setup so that you can just pop off the thumbhole stock and use the existing tangs to install a "standard" stock. Keep in mind that once you do that, you will have to play the 922r game. So be prepared to change out some parts so you can stay in compliance.

Btw ... 99% of the people that buy the thumbhole stocks convert them. It's referred to as "de-banning". Why? Because the importation ban is why these guns have to be configured this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

Oh ... welcome to the board!!

check out this link for possible help on 922r

http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?searchid=1519180
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Yes, it's definitely possible. People do it all the time. I don't have a bulgy but I believe they are setup so that you can just pop off the thumbhole stock and use the existing tangs to install a "standard" stock. Keep in mind that once you do that, you will have to play the 922r game. So be prepared to change out some parts so you can stay in compliance.

Btw ... 99% of the people that buy the thumbhole stocks convert them. It's referred to as "de-banning". Why? Because the importation ban is why these guns have to be configured this way.
    rep sent Good advice! Here is another good link that will help, http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=4