Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show APR 1, 2 & 3, 2022

I found the typical mix of scalpers and honest dealers. On one table I saw a cz 82 for 750...750? Then I saw a bugarian mak for 399..reasonable. One or 2 tables had primers for $20/100 others aroud 10/100. You have to walk the entire show to see, and make mental notes of who to go back too.

I know it's a gun show, but what is their policy on carrying in the expo center? Can you take your ccw in?

(Bucks County)

There's always two or three township police officers in the entrance lobby. You are supposed to allow them to disable your guns, whether CCW or for sale. Funny thing about concealed, though...y'know?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

Its been several years since I last went to one of these. Not much has changed other than the prices have gone up.

I paid for a Ruger SP101 but was warned that PICS was taking 5-7 hours. Ugh. I gave up and will drive out to the vendor's store one night this week to pick it up.

(Bucks County)

But for this, there would have been more shot and shot dead in Sacramento. See?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    There's always two or three township police officers in the entrance lobby. You are supposed to allow them to disable your guns, whether CCW or for sale. Funny thing about concealed, though...y'know?
    Oops. I saw some business going on over to the side but no obvious sign that I saw, so I just kept going.

For the 3rd day towards the end of the day, it was still packed. Can't imagine what it was like yesterday. No shortage of booths with some interesting things to look at. Got to handle the keltec p50 for the first time in the wild. Wanted one but was concerned with quality. Now, I'm not so concerned, it was nice.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I know it's a gun show, but what is their policy on carrying in the expo center? Can you take your ccw in?
    If it's for sale, take it to them. If not....

(Chester County)

I went yesterday. Pretty decent show as they go. I've been playing a little game with my family - find something to buy for the grandkids at a gun show that my daughter will actually let them have. Toy guns are out of the question, let alone real ones. Found a guy selling Hess trucks and bought a couple, so it was a successful show for me.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrower View Post
    Its been several years since I last went to one of these. Not much has changed other than the prices have gone up.

I paid for a Ruger SP101 but was warned that PICS was taking 5-7 hours. Ugh. I gave up and will drive out to the vendor's store one night this week to pick it up.

You'll love the SP101! I have a 3" and a 2" and a GP100 I was so enamored with them. If I buy online, I try to get it through Limerick Hardware, and I get there right at 8:00 when they open on Saturday. PIC seems to go quickly first thing in the morning. It's really awful later in the day.
    Last edited by JCinPA; April 4th, 2022 at 07:20 AM. Reason: addition

(York County)

hands down, this was the most frustrating show I have ever done at Oaks. we were super busy, selling tons of guns. got lots of comments about having the best price at the show. met some very nice people there, took a lot of time to explain stuff to new firearm owners. had several people walk away after running their background checks because they didnt want to wait, so now I have to write a check to the PSP for useless checks on a sale that never took place. PICS was a real pain in the butt, with many people going into pending for 20 or more hours. some went through immediately while others sat forever. many gun dealers packed up or stopped sales early in order to not disappoint buyers. all in all, our sales were great, but it cost us double (when figuring in all costs) to get there to this one than the last oaks show. lots of dealers were not so happy with a multitude of issues. I feel bad for the buying public during times like this as the expectation is an "instant" background check and then they leave angry that they wasted their time at a show and couldn't actually take the gun with them. PSP needs to get their stuff together real damn quick or there will be no point to doing gun shows anymore.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast