Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question Legal line between PA /NJ

Fishing in my boat on the Delaware. LTCF in PA, boat launched from PA Boat registered in PA. The fishing rules are that I follow PA regs on all sides of the river , just cannot go past creek mouths or beach on NJ side , where as I must follow the NJ regs.What is the story as to CC if/when I am boating /Fishing?

Thanks in Advance
    BW

(Chester County)

Default Re: Legal line between PA /NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Whiskey View Post
    Fishing in my boat on the Delaware. LTCF in PA, boat launched from PA Boat registered in PA. The fishing rules are that I follow PA regs on all sides of the river , just cannot go past creek mouths or beach on NJ side , where as I must follow the NJ regs.What is the story as to CC if/when I am boating /Fishing?

Thanks in Advance
    BW
    Most maps and mapping websites I have looked at show a line right down the center of the river designating the boundary. Perhaps a call to the Delaware River Port Authority could identify the actual border.

Quote Originally Posted by GL23 View Post
    Most maps and mapping websites I have looked at show a line right down the center of the river designating the boundary. Perhaps a call to the Delaware River Port Authority could identify the actual border.
    Thanks for the reply. I know the boundry as per the charts, but I am unsure of the legal enforcement practices. Like I said , both states have diff, fishing regs & each side honors the other sides regs w/ respect to the lic. holders own side, doesn't matter if you re in the middle, your side , the other side, you just can't be "up a creek" or on the beach.
    I ask this as I fish the spring striper run & some of the ramps are @ questionable areas & I am not leaving a firerm in a vehicle.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GL23 View Post
    Except for the northern part of New Castle County in the State of Delaware, where the boundry go right up to the Jersey side shoreline.

AS to law after a quick search I found this mumbo jumbo ....

http://law.onecle.com/pennsylvania/f...7.012.000.html

§ 2712. License requirements on boundary waters
    which in part says ....

(b) New Jersey.--The provisions of this chapter do not apply
    to a person holding a fishing license issued under the laws of
    the State of New Jersey when fishing in that portion of the
    waters of the Delaware River lying between New Jersey and
    Pennsylvania within the jurisdiction of this Commonwealth if a
    person holding a license issued under the provisions of this
    title when fishing in the waters of the Delaware River lying
    between New Jersey and Pennsylvania within the jurisdiction of
    the State of New Jersey is not required to have a New Jersey
    license.
    I know this doesn't cover your CC question but since it seems the fishing laws overlap jurisdiction and we all know how anti-gun NJ is I wouldn't take a chance of having a gun anywhere near the NJ side of the river.

I have seen the NJ State Police patroling the Philadelphia side of the river in the Penns Landing area from time to time during special events, like the 4th of July fireworks display and whatnot.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Whiskey View Post

Thanks in Advance
    BW
    With CC, or OC for that matter, you go by the state boundary itself, which for between PA and NJ is basically the center of the river with a few variances.

Between DE and NJ its the eastern shore at either the low or high water mark(cant remember).

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    With CC, or OC for that matter, you go by the state boundary itself, which for between PA and NJ is basically the center of the river with a few variances.

Between DE and NJ its the eastern shore at either the low or high water mark(cant remember).
    knight0334 has it right.

Just because NJ decided to recognize Pa licenses for fishing in mutli-state waters (as a conciliatory reciprocated gesture) does not mean that they abrogated statutory jurisdiction over those within their physical boundaries.

PS DE owns up to low water mark.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    knight0334 has it right.

Just because NJ decided to recognize Pa licenses for fishing in mutli-state waters (as a conciliatory reciprocated gesture) does not mean that they abrogated statutory jurisdiction over those within their physical boundaries.

PS DE owns up to low water mark.
    Thanks.. I couldn't remember that one.

Its been awhile since I read up on the Mason-Dixon Line and the Cresap's War things that made much of the boundaries over there.

(Luzerne County)

Knowing how strong the negative kung fu of New Jermany is, I don't think I would risk getting that close to it with a firearms pinch. I know there is a risk taken being unarmed in the woods, but I like my non-felon status too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Unarmed people don't get to write the history books, they either die or are enslaved.