Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up State Police Thumbs Up

Not OC related but it seemed like a good encounter (as small as it was).

One of may fav shirts is my 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security. It never fails to get at least one "Hey man nice shirt!" or at least a positive acknowledgement.

I happened to be wearing mine while I waited in the hallway for a relative in the ICU, and a State Trooper was standing watch over a patient in another room. We basically were standing face to face 15 feet away from each other. Standing the Staties usually do, I wondered if he was giving me the eye... When a nurse relieved him of his watch, he walked by, gave a smile and a conspiratorial "I like your shirt"

I could tell it was sincere and not a snide remark...

Not a big deal, but nice to see anyway. Many times police officers are seems as "the enemy" by 2A folks. I think more of them support us than we think...

Just a nice spot during a horrible day...

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: State Police Thumbs Up

He likes your shirt until he has to "follow orders" and confiscate all of your guns.

(Carbon County)

He likes your shirt until he has to "follow orders" and confiscate all of your guns
    Message to Police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOsN-P5abVg

Last edited by middlefinger; July 7th, 2014 at 09:10 AM.

I went to a gun show with 2 retired cops from another (very liberal) state.

I have had a bad run-in with one on the road too.

There's good and bad but I'd be willing to bet the far majority fall in the "good" category, especially when it comes to standing with us and the 2A.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post
    I went to a gun show with 2 retired cops from another (very liberal) state.

I have had a bad run-in with one on the road too.

There's good and bad but I'd be willing to bet the far majority fall in the "good" category, especially when it comes to standing with us and the 2A.
    I've had bad run ins on the road too... points on my license to prove it too! But that is only one aspect of what the police do. Kind of like saying doctors are out there to hurt you cause they give you shots.

(Perry County)

Of the Troopers I've known, I would put the "gun people" at about 70%. I suspect it's lower in places like Philly as most Troopers tend to get back to their home turf as soon as they're able.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(York County)

I know a few local patrolmen and all support the 2nd Amendment. This state is more welcoming to it.

A lot of them are retired marines or army.

My dad graduated the state police academy back in the 70's and has been a cop for almost 40 years. He supports everything about the 2nd Amendment. He's also worked a lot with the FBI and DHS over the years in the corporate sector. So you can't lump all feds into the Anti crowd as well.

My buddy's dad has been in law enforcement for decades and retired a police chief and he shoots with us and is an avid 2nd Amendment supporter.

During the assault on the 2nd Amendment over the past year, the one officer had his facebook profile picture stating "When guns are outlawed, I'll become an outlaw"

Majority of Police are Patriots and follow the Constitution of the US and that of the Commonwealth. They all know what a disaster this current administration is and has been.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

When the confiscation order comes down, I'm sure that a few cops will refuse to do anything but they'll soon lose their jobs. The rest will not want to go home and tell their wives that they've lost their jobs, benefits and pensions because they refused to confiscate guns.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    When the confiscation order comes down, I'm sure that a few cops will refuse to do anything but they'll soon lose their jobs. The rest will not want to go home and tell their wives that they've lost their jobs, benefits and pensions because they refused to confiscate guns.
    Do you have to threadcrap on every thread involving the police? This is threadcrapping level ten.

Good post OP.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Do you have to threadcrap on every thread involving the police? This is threadcrapping level ten.

Good post OP.
    Agreed.

Thanks for the post, OP.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast