Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Hunting scope $300 or under

Personally, I would wait for a good sale, and maybe squeeze another $100 into your budget. Look hard at Vortex. Maybe the Diamondback.

You won't regret the Leupold Freedom, good glass at that price

(Delaware County)

I agree. For a *hunting* only optic: which means the user likely doesn*t want a busy reticle, and really just a plain Duplex. Also means they don*t care about FFP vs SFP. The Leupold VX Freedom is an awesome affordable optic. Of course there are better, however, the OP already listed his budget, and furthermore, another $100, even $200 isn*t going to get better quality glass. It will have more features, but not be more clear!
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I agree. For a *hunting* only optic: which means the user likely doesn*t want a busy reticle, and really just a plain Duplex. Also means they don*t care about FFP vs SFP. The Leupold VX Freedom is an awesome affordable optic. Of course there are better, however, the OP already listed his budget, and furthermore, another $100, even $200 isn*t going to get better quality glass. It will have more features, but not be more clear!
    I am not claiming to be a scope expert by any means, but I own quite a few, and on quite a range scale of prices. There is ABSOLUTELY a quality and clarity difference between $300 and $500 scopes. Increased price does not always mean more features. Many $2K+ scopes are bare bones, no bells and whistles.

(Susquehanna County)

I have shot the gun with the new BX Freedom and it is by far the best deer hunting setup I’ve ever had! I got out to shoot it last week and the gun/scope combination was so much find to shoot! It’s going to be my deer/bear slayer for sure! At this point I don’t care what other options are out there because I’m more than content with my $300 scope! I’ll post some success pics once deer season comes around.
    Thanks to everyone who provided input in this thread/subject! You we’re all very helpful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12