Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Semi-humorous CC story

Some background information on myself: I'm about to turn 23, just graduated college and am off to law school next week. Yesterday, I went clothes shopping with my mom to buy some "business casual" clothing for law school.

One of the stores we wound up at was Men's Warehouse. As usual, I had my Walther PPK holstered IWB under a fairly tight t-shirt. Even though I'm thin, the pistol conceals perfectly with almost no printing.

As soon as we entered the store, we were greeted by a middle-aged salesman. Now if you're unfamiliar with Men's Warehouse, know that their salesmen follow you around like they're selling cars on a used-car lot. Generally I shoo salesmen away (I don't like being bothered), but my mom loves them. As she was bankrolling this trip, I had little say

Throughout shopping, our salesman kept making obnoxious comments, and was acting like a fairly pretentious prick. After we picked out a few shirts, he grabbed his tape measurer and said I needed pants. I told him we weren't interested, but thanks. He ignored me and went to wrap the measurer around my waist anyway, so I backed up a bit and said "It's alright, I'm a 32"".

"Well, I'm measuring you anyway," he said as he quickly went to wrap the tape around me again. Not expecting him to disregard what I said, he caught me off guard a bit and ended up feeling my pistol.

He disgustedly said "Lose the cellphone".

I responded, "I'm a 32, alright? Let's leave it at that. I know my size quite well."

He then tapped my pistol, pointed his finger at me like a father to a small child and angrily said "Lose the cellphone."

At that point I was getting frustrated and told him "That's not a cellphone." His eyes opened comically wide and he immediately backed down.

"Ok, you're a 32!" he quickly exclaimed before immediately shuffling through the pants I wasn't interested in buying.

My mom glared at me the rest of the time we were in there '

Afterthought: That story was much longer and much less interesting than it was in my head… Ah well!

Default Re: Semi-humorous CC story

Last edited by mikey; March 1st, 2010 at 10:36 PM.

(Cambria County)

Should have told him, "That ain't a cell phone, I"m just happy to see you."
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Oh, wow—I forgot a crucial part of the story! Immediately after I said it wasn't a cellphone, my mom exclaimed "Are you carrying your gun?!"

She's not a huge fan of guns, and she certainly isn't discrete
    Last edited by Virtualmatt; August 10th, 2009 at 09:44 PM.

(York County)

At least he didn't grab your 'cellphone' and try to remove it himself....

You would think he would have backed off after the first time you declined...

You must be a handsome man!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Luzerne County)

Can I change your socks? Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Unarmed people don't get to write the history books, they either die or are enslaved.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualmatt View Post
    He disgustedly said "Lose the cellphone".

I responded, "I'm a 32, alright? Let's leave it at that. I know my size quite well."

He then tapped my pistol, pointed his finger at me like a father to a small child and angrily said "Lose the cellphone."

At that point I was getting frustrated and told him "Three quick facts for you sir. One, I'm here shopping for clothes for attending law school. Two, laying a single finger on someone is legally considered assault in Pennsylvania. Three, you're going to go get your manager. Now"
    Bold is what I would have done. But I'm an ass.

(Berks County)

Afterthought: That story was much longer and much less interesting than it was in my head… Ah well!
    Oh, wow—I forgot a crucial part of the story! Immediately after I said it wasn't a cellphone, my mom exclaimed "Are you carrying your gun?!"

She's not a huge fan of guns, and she certainly isn't discrete
    Edit the OP to add that line and the story is much more interesting. I hate salemen with a passion and if they come near me with their damn tape I'd likely tell him "There's 13 wraps in a properly tied noose, that tapes long enough for it..." and let him figure out the rest.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Throughout shopping, our salesman kept making obnoxious comments, and was acting like a fairly pretentious prick.
    What kind of comments? After the first obnoxious comment, I would have asked for the manager and/or told him off and walked out

(Indiana County)

OP couldn't have done anything. Don't forget, his mommy was there helping him buy school clothes. Wasn't she in control of the situation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast