Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: PA > MD with ccw

I think you still have to go through the interview process with a MDSP officer before you get it too, so plan on at least one more trip to MD.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I don't leave it in the glove box, i have a gun safe hidden from view. I don't like the idea of my firearm not secured off my body. I don't get people who put them in gym bags and backpacks that leave them around.
    Excellent!
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    You have 72 hours to complete and submit the online app after you do prints. (Because in Maryland your fingerprints apparently change or go bad or something)

And you need to upload passport photos and your DD-214. And you need 3 references for which you need to list their places of employment. So make sure you have all that handy as well or you might miss your 72 hours window to submit everything after the prints.

And yes.... it is all done purposely to make it difficult
    Prints are good for 30 days. That’s still stupid, do they think I went out and got new fingers? Just another burden.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Thanks for the laugh.

After a bit of research, it seems that I can get my MD ccw in about 2 weeks, and being former military, i don't have to take the stupid 16 our class, just get prints done and the rest is online. They'll mail it to me after that.
    You do know there's the requirement for a judge to sign off on every application, and then you'll need to be personally interviewed by MSP?

A MD 2A group I follow stated that wait times were around 4 weeks **before** the requirement for a 'good cause' reason was struck down. Obviously, the influx of applications since that time has dramatically increased.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    You do know there's the requirement for a judge to sign off on every application, and then you'll need to be personally interviewed by MSP?

A MD 2A group I follow stated that wait times were around 4 weeks **before** the requirement for a 'good cause' reason was struck down. Obviously, the influx of applications since that time has dramatically increased.
    If that's the case, that's understandable. I'm not in a rush. I'd imagine MD residents would need to get theirs before an our of state.

(York County)

I don't see anything in the documentation or mentioned by Maryland Shall Issue about any face to face meetings with MSP

I have never heard of that part and I lived in Maryland for 43 years

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ABuck View Post
    Prints are good for 30 days. That*s still stupid, do they think I went out and got new fingers? Just another burden.
    This is screenshot right from the state website

You have 72 hours from the time of the fingerprinting to submit your completed application

Screenshot_20220722-001150_Opera.jpg
    May the Schwartz Be With You

(Franklin County)

I don't see anything in the documentation or mentioned by Maryland Shall Issue about any face to face meetings with MSP

I have never heard of that part and I lived in Maryland for 43 years
    I went looking for the post that mentioned it, and found a different one from 4 hours ago. It suggests a change, but also affirms my assertion that interviews were the norm in the past:

Update, wear and carry permit arrived in the mail today! So from of start application (6/28) to having permit in hand (7/22) was a total of 24 days and NO interview and NO references called.

Supposedly they are now doing away with the interview process.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

I went looking for the post that mentioned it, and found a different one from 4 hours ago. It suggests a change, but also affirms my assertion that interviews were the norm in the past:
    I'm probably incompetent, but can't find that info. Can you link?

Was the applicant a former LE/military that did not need the training?

(Carbon County)

This is screenshot right from the state website

You have 72 hours from the time of the fingerprinting to submit your completed application

Screenshot_20220722-001150_Opera.jpg
    But they didn*t expire for 30 days. That makes no sense. And to add to the confusion it looks like prints are now good for 1 year with these updated Wear and Carry Permit guidelines.

*Fingerprints must be taken within 1 year of the date of application submission, and the fingerprint provider must be approved by the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.*

https://news.maryland.gov/msp/2022/0...portal-update/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast