Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: LIVE: 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Greenwood Park Mall; shooter is dead

The mall owners will want the person who killed the shooter brought up on charges for violating their no guns policy.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Default Re: LIVE: 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Greenwood Park Mall; shooter is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The mall owners will want the person who killed the shooter brought up on charges for violating their no guns policy.
    And that should be immediately thrown out unless the mall owners are held liable for letting a mass shooter in their mall.

(Lancaster County)

"Keep and bear arms"?

"Shall not be infringed"?

I missed the exception for property owners...

Quote Originally Posted by claudel View Post
    "Keep and bear arms"?

In public or your own space, sure. But I respect that a private property owner would prohibit firearms on their private property. I just choose to not give them my money.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    In public or your own space, sure. But I respect that a private property owner would prohibit firearms on their private property. I just choose to not give them my money.
    I'd argue it's a public meeting place. A "town square" of sorts.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by claudel View Post
    "Keep and bear arms"?

The 2A is a contract with the Government, not with other citizens.

Property rights supersede your rights, except when the Feds/States/Local have imposed laws protecting certain rights/privileges of yours while on other peoples' properties.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's Indiana. GFZ signs have no legal weight. Property owners or their designated representatives can enforce trespass, but that's it.
    Fuck GFZ signs in general. If asked to leave, then leave, and don't go back. It's that simple.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The 2A is a contract with the Government, not with other citizens.

Property rights supersede your rights, except when the Feds/States/Local have imposed laws protecting certain rights/privileges of yours while on other peoples' properties.
    Yep, and for the most part I agree.
    I would like to see the laws and designations of "private" property that is open for public use by invitation (you unlock the doors to your business, you're inviting the public at large to enter) changed such that during "normal business hours" 'private' property is treated more like 'public' property when it comes to citizen (and 2A) rights, especially in the case of malls or other congregations of businesses. Yes I recognize that it could create an interesting layering effect of restrictions, but at least starting the conversation would be good.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Yep, and for the most part I agree.
    I would like to see the laws and designations of "private" property that is open for public use by invitation (you unlock the doors to your business, you're inviting the public at large to enter) changed such that during "normal business hours" 'private' property is treated more like 'public' property when it comes to citizen (and 2A) rights, especially in the case of malls or other congregations of businesses. Yes I recognize that it could create an interesting layering effect of restrictions, but at least starting the conversation would be good.
    Believe me, I'd love to be able to carry everywhere and not worry about violating property rights.

However, if the states start protecting 2A rights in such manner, then that opens the doors for 1A rights on same properties. You could then have atheists/satanists protesting churches, WHILE ON THE CHURCH property. Or having picketers on a factory's property, blocking management/temps from working, or otherwise impeding production.

It is a can of worms that is best left sealed. If a business does have those anti-gun policies, you're better off voting with your wallet or some other means(picketing from public RoW) to get them to change. Or you can tempt fate like how the samaritan did in this event(I'm not suggesting that you violate any law).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Believe me, I'd love to be able to carry everywhere and not worry about violating property rights.

However, if the states start protecting 2A rights in such manner, then that opens the doors for 1A rights on same properties. You could then have atheists/satanists protesting churches, WHILE ON THE CHURCH property. Or having picketers on a factory's property, blocking management/temps from working, or otherwise impeding production.

It is a can of worms that is best left sealed. If a business does have those anti-gun policies, you're better off voting with your wallet or some other means(picketing from public RoW) to get them to change. Or you can tempt fate like how the samaritan did in this event(I'm not suggesting that you violate any law).
    I agree it's an interesting conundrum, one that Smarter Brains than I would need to wrestle for quite a while. I would like to posit that, conflating 1A and 2A rights as you did isn't accurate; entities denying 1A activity (protests, picketing inside or on property) would be denying disruptions of normal commerce for those entities. Whereas concealed or open carry of firearms does not directly disrupt normal commerce. My presence with a firearm does not physically prevent others from engaging the business in their normal activities.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast