Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ruger's robo-e-mail letter

Did anyone else see this? Easy enough to do!

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Good for Ruger, amazed they did this.

Wonder if the other gun mfgs will step up and help put on the pressure?
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Ruger's robo-e-mail letter

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Did anyone else see this? Easy enough to do!

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Good for Ruger, amazed they did this.

Wonder if the other gun mfgs will step up and help put on the pressure?
    Bill Ruger must be rolling over in his grave knowing that his company has stopped stomping on it's customers like he did.

But I digress...

What I would really like to see is Ruger to come out and say that if there is a ban, they will no longer sell any "high capacity" magazines to any government agency in the US.
    Then let other manufacturers and distributors do the same.

Ron Barrett did it to California, let's see where the corporate heads real loyalties lie, with their customers and fellow Americans or with the gestapo in DC.

I filled it out, even though it has the wrong atty gen on it, wasn't that batshit crazy woman elected, Kane?

(Beaver County)

Oh sure praise the gun company who puts 15 extra safeties on their pistols just so it's legal in Commiefornia and other states that require stupid shit....

I don't need the 50 extra moving parts to know if a DAO is loaded and ready to fire, that's rule 1 for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead
    What I would really like to see is Ruger to come out and say that if there is a ban, they will no longer sell any "high capacity" magazines to any government agency in the US.
    Then let other manufacturers and distributors do the same.

Ron Barrett did it to California, let's see where the corporate heads real loyalties lie, with their customers and fellow Americans or with the gestapo in DC.
    The couple of times I've mentioned this I've gotten the reply that the company is going to do whatever keeps them floating. I'd rather sink than provide a product to a government that is trying to ban its citizens from owning. But what the hell do I know I'm just some dumbass 23 year old who owns to many guns....

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    But what the hell do I know I'm just some dumbass 23 year old who owns to many guns....
    No such thing as too many guns. There's just backup guns and backup-backup guns... and so on and so forth.

(Indiana County)

Oh sure praise the gun company who puts 15 extra safeties on their pistols just so it's legal in Commiefornia and other states that require stupid shit....

I don't need the 50 extra moving parts to know if a DAO is loaded and ready to fire, that's rule 1 for a reason.
    And Bill Ruger is on tape saying that no citizen needs more than 15 rounds, and right after that, SAAMI came out with the same "recommendation".

http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html

Ruger hasn't exactly been a friend to it's customers over the years.

The couple of times I've mentioned this I've gotten the reply that the company is going to do whatever keeps them floating. I'd rather sink than provide a product to a government that is trying to ban its citizens from owning. But what the hell do I know I'm just some dumbass 23 year old who owns to many guns....
    Nope, not a dumbass at all.
    There would be an immediate halt to this talk of bans if the manufacturers would step out of the board rooms and declare that they will not longer sell any firearms or service any firearm to any gov't agency if the population cannot possess the same firearm.

Barrett is still in business, he told California to go to hell after they banned .50 cals.

I suggest you send off emails to a few gun manufacturers reminding them of the nosedive S&W went through after they PO'd the public.

(Allegheny County)

<snip>

Unfortunately, gun companies that want to sell product into Commiefornia - a large market - tend to build a Commiefornia version of their gun. For ease of mfg - we end up with that verion too.

Same with new cars anymore these days with their Commiefornia emmisions systems.

Boutique builders like Barrett can get away with their actions.

BIG gun mfgs can make a diff if they show the 'nads to take a stand. Let's see if Colt - huge .GOV supplier and darlings of the AR world and The Chart - will take some Ruger-like actions.

Then again, Colt may fold their tent and go "PC" again, as they did in the 80's, so as to keep the .GOV money flowing into their corporate coffers.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

The couple of times I've mentioned this I've gotten the reply that the company is going to do whatever keeps them floating. I'd rather sink than provide a product to a government that is trying to ban its citizens from owning.
    Perhaps you'd like to explain this to their shareholders -- the real owners of the company. Barrett is private -- Ronnie Barrett reports to no one and can do whatever he pleases.
    Last edited by donm; January 14th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

(Lebanon County)

I just saw this on another forum and was going to post this here if no one had already. Great post.

I've been meaning to write my politicians. That was easy.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Unfortunately, gun companies that want to sell product into Commiefornia - a large market - tend to build a Commiefornia version of their gun. For ease of mfg - we end up with that verion too.

Same with new cars anymore these days with their Commiefornia emmisions systems.

Boutique builders like Barrett can get away with their actions.

BIG gun mfgs can make a diff if they show the 'nads to take a stand. Let's see if Colt - huge .GOV supplier and darlings of the AR world and The Chart - will take some Ruger-like actions.

Then again, Colt may fold their tent and go "PC" again, as they did in the 80's, so as to keep the .GOV money flowing into their corporate coffers.
    This is the reason I own no Colt's. I have a good memory.
    I have been putting off buying a Delta Elite for this very reason, as soon as I get the cash together, I'm off looking for a suitable substitute from another manufacturer.

That and I never liked the ass backward cylinder latches anyway on their revolvers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast