Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default NFL REJECTS SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL FROM GUN COMPANY

I wonder how many gunowners are fans of the NFL? And, I wonder how many even care that the NFL is so devout anti gun?

Be safe (and anti NFL).

Scott

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-S...By-Gun-Company

The NFL has rejected a commercial submitted by firearm manufacturer Daniel Defense for the 2014 Super Bowl.
    Daniel Defense manufactures rifles on the AR-15 platform, but the commercial did not even mention Daniel Defense products. Instead, Guns & Ammo says the commercial "focused on themes of personal protection and fundamental rights."
    The Super Bowl will air on FOX, and FOX says they could not accept the commercial "due to the rules of the NFL itself" regarding firearm-related businesses.
    The NFL's prohibited advertising categories include, but are not limited to, "contraceptives," "fireworks," "distilled spirits and flavored malt beverages," "tobacco," and "firearms, ammunition, or other weapons."
    As Guns & Ammo noted, the "firearms portion of the NFL’s Prohibited Advertising Categories states":
    5. Firearms, ammunition or other weapons are prohibited; however, stores that sell firearms and ammunitions (e.g., outdoor stores and camping stores) will be permitted, provided they sell other products and the ads do not mention firearms, ammunition or other weapons.
    Guns & Ammo noted that "according to these guidelines, Daniel Defense’s Super Bowl commercial does not violate NFL policy for two reasons":

Daniel Defense has a brick-and-mortar store, where they sell products other than firearms such as apparel.
    The commercial itself does not mention firearms, ammunition or weaponry.
    Although the Daniel Defense commercial did not mention firearms, it did show the Daniel Defense logo at the end--and that logo is of a DDM4 rifle. Upon being rejected, Daniel Defense offered to leave their own logo out of their commercial or even replace it with an American flag. But the NFL refused to budge.
    Guns & Ammo also noted that "the NFL’s decision to deny the ad comes after Daniel Defense ran a commercial in local Georgia markets during the 2012 Super Bowl XLVI on NBC, with no objection from the NFL. That particular commercial pictured the manufacture of firearms and concluded with a clip of Larry Vickers shooting a rifle."

Default Re: NFL REJECTS SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL FROM GUN COMPANY

So all of you f dicks and field and stream people...

Are you boycotting watching the Super Bowl?

(York County)

I watch sports as a break from everything else in life. Politics and sports should not mix. Just my opinion.

Will I ever be anti-NFL....probably not. I LOVE football and I spend a considerable amount of time coaching it. I am around kids that dream of being in the NFL and to not watch one of them if and when they make it would be a crime. Again, just my opinion.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

(York County)

I am not a field and stream guy, and I try hard not to be a dickhead, but yes...I am boycotting watching the Superbowl based on the obvious anti-gun and anti-American stance they have taken. Happy Thanksgiving (whether you like it or not).

(Bucks County)

Stopped watching sports altogether a few years back. Don't miss at all and amazing how much more time there is for shooting and other fun stuff
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Cumberland County)

I stopped watching the NFL years ago when I realized it was 95% thugs just running around wanting to hit someone. I just hope MLB doesn't keep adding stupid policies. I.e. having metal detectors at all stadiums(that they just added for next season)

Unfortunately, if a few people boycott, the NFL won't even notice. I think the thing to do is have a large gun event run at the same time on TV. I know I'd rather watch that

(Northampton County)

As long as they dont show any anti-gun commercials, then I say who cares. The Super Bowl isnt exactly the time to rouse a gun debate anyway.
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(York County)

Sorry this is OT, IDK about anyone else, but I can't tell if I am watching the Macys Day Parade or a drag show right now..

(Chester County)

The NFL like other big corporations are PC entities run by liberals and progressives. Football is no longer a "sport", and it hasn't been since the 70's. It is purely a for profit business like Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, and the plethora of PC corporate America run by girly men and women.

It is disgusting.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calzonewdippingsauce View Post
    Sorry this is OT, IDK about anyone else, but I can't tell if I am watching the Macys Day Parade or a drag show right now..
    Dude, my woman watches this junk every year and every year I freakin hate it. I am spending most of my time outside smoking a turkey and drinking coffee.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast