Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default CCWSafe.Com - Too good to be true?

Just heard a commercial for these guys CCWSafe.com, has anyone here used them or heard anything good or bad about them? Their rates seem reasonable, and they claim that if you were to ever be involved in a defensive use of a firearm you will not be out of pocket for your defense.

That's why I'm wondering if this is too good to be true.

CCW Safe is not an insurance product. Click here for a comparison to most other services or insurance products. Most, if not all programs that are currently available, work on the insurance model. For an annual fee, usually $120 to $250, you are are covered by a policy that is usually capped, or limited to a specific amount. Some will not cover criminal matters, some will, but will not cover a trial. To use these services, you must first spend your own money, or obtain a loan to pay for your defense, then submit claims for reimbursement. Some policies only allow claims if you are found not guilty. With CCW Safe, you will never have to spend your own money or obtain a loan to pay for your defense. CCW Safe is a service product. therefore, we will provide the services associated with a lawsuit or trial. Attorneys fees, investigator fees, expert witness fees, they are all covered by CCW Safe.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CCWSafe.Com - Too good to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Just heard a commercial for these guys CCWSafe.com, has anyone here used them or heard anything good or bad about them? Their rates seem reasonable, and they claim that if you were to ever be involved in a defensive use of a firearm you will not be out of pocket for your defense.

That's why I'm wondering if this is too good to be true.
    I guess they are good as long as they are in business. I've wondered the same thing as you Streaker. I constantly hear their commercials and I'm not sure if it's worth it. What are the chances you'll be involved in a use of force incident?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I guess they are good as long as they are in business. I've wondered the same thing as you Streaker. I constantly hear their commercials and I'm not sure if it's worth it. What are the chances you'll be involved in a use of force incident?
    What are the chances of being involved in anything? For $150/Year for immediate family, that's a decent deal considering the cost of legal defense. But I agree it's as good as long as they're in business.

I do have to wonder if they'll actively defend or attempt to plead the cases out.

(Montgomery County)

What are the chances of being involved in anything? For $150/Year for immediate family, that's a decent deal considering the cost of legal defense. But I agree it's as good as long as they're in business.

I do have to wonder if they'll actively defend or attempt to plead the cases out.
    I also wonder if they have their own attorneys or if you can choose your own. Perhaps it will be similar to healthcare networks which require you to use doctors in the network or face much higher costs.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    I also wonder if they have their own attorneys or if you can choose your own. Perhaps it will be similar to healthcare networks which require you to use doctors in the network or face much higher costs.
    That's what their FAQ says, that they have a network of attorneys they contract with for the work. The attorneys contracted work for medium size firms.

(Bucks County)

Another valid concern. While I would assume that the lawyers are pro-2a and well-versed in self-defense, it might not always be the case. I would like to see a comprehensive list of lawyers for my area that have signed up. Then I know someone is local, understands the laws and whom I might know.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Interesting. My son-in-law just called me a few minutes ago about this very same thing. I told him the price is good, but there are a lot of questions to ask.

Where is the closest lawyer?

Is he or she admitted to the bar in your area?

Is that lawyer any good?

What are the limits on your defense?

What are the conditions under which they will take your case?

What will they try to get you to do to keep their exposure to a minumum (i.e. plead)?

I don't think I am going to be signing up for it any time soon. I've got Phil's card in my wallet in case something happens.

(Northampton County)

I'd like to know their arrangement with the lawyers as well. Need to know how they are getting paid to understand their interests and loyalties.

Apparently not available in PA since we have a LTCF.

From their website:
    For Concealed Carry Permit Holders (CCW, CHL, HCP, HCL, CPL, and HR218)...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Apparently not available in PA since we have a LTCF.

From their website:
    For Concealed Carry Permit Holders (CCW, CHL, HCP, HCL, CPL, and HR218)...

Actually that is a good point... PA doesn't have a concealed carry permit. I know it's splitting hairs, but it would suck to pay for something and some then tell you "sorry, you don;t qualify"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast